Single Flute Cutters - Alternative?

Morning!

Before I order more of the single flute cutters from the US - Has anyone sourced any decent ones from the UK/EU? Looking for a good brand that I can get more locally! I cut a lot of metals so they need to be decent.

Cheers

Thereā€™s some suppliers in this post

APT does some very sensibly priced DLC coated single flute tools for Aluminium which Iā€™ve had plenty of success on 60XX T6 aluminium, they also have other coatings for ferrous metals.

Cutwel has a broader range of ā€˜nameā€™ tools but are more expensive as their cutters are from more expensive brands.

HTH

1 Like

Thatā€™s perfect - thank you!

I did see APT but they looked so cheap that I wasnā€™t sure if theyā€™d be any good. Good to know youā€™ve had some success with their stuff!

1 Like

Yep, I wondered the same but Iā€™ve had pretty good results from their single flute DLC and a few other cutters, nothing wrong with them.

I donā€™t know if the floor finish would be cleaner with an expensive Amana or Lakeshore Carbide cutter, but honestly, toolpaths and coolant / lubricant and chip evacuation are probably the first target before I gripe about the cutter over finish.

1 Like

I have used both APT and Rennie. I am guessing these are ā€œimport gradeā€ cutters but both have had good tolerances and results on alu compared with some of the rubbish I have had from ā€œthat well known south american riverā€.

1 Like