SO3: Are things on track for the XL and XXL shipments to begin?

Any forecast for when the XXL & XL Upgrade packages will ship?
+1

Whatā€™d you order? XL/XXL? Upgrade or full kit? Order date?

XL full kit, March 27th.

My XL shipped out yesterday and was on my porch when I got home today!

I got mine too!

Missing a few components (adjustable feet, limit switch kit) but I put a ticket in with Support. I wish it had an Official BOM and instruction manual though . . . Right now it looks like Iā€™m going to have to piece together instructions based on the figures/descriptions others have posted on the forum.

Iā€™ll have to open mine when in a bit and see if everything is thereā€¦ill try to report back later.

Iā€™m missing the feet, limit switch kit and cable track brackets. Where did you go to put in a service ticket? I sent an email a little bit ago, however, I want to make sure Iā€™m taking the right avenue.

Garry,

Simply email support@carbide3d.com

-craig

Thanks Craig. Appreciate the shout back.
-Garry

I unpacked my XL earlier today, as far as I can tell, Iā€™m missing the same components. Iā€™m going to give it another once over tonight and email support.

Now that you mention it, I am missing the track brackets as well, so the same as both of you.

Thatā€™s (kind of) comforting that there is some order to the missing parts and these arenā€™t being shipped out with various differing missing parts. It should make the follow up shipment rather efficient.

Yep, it looks like Iā€™m missing the same components.

Yes last I was told the cable track brackets werenā€™t going to be ready till sometime mid this week. I never even noticed I was missing the feet, but just checked and sure enough nowhere to be found. I guess Iā€™ll have to let them know along with everything else Iā€™m still waiting on. Havenā€™t heard from them in a few days, so for now I just stare at the boxes while I finish up the stand for it.

Just curious, what is the last order date which has been filled on the XXL? Last week it seemed like it was Feb. 28th. I ordered on Feb. 29th and so far no joy. Anyone outside this order timeframe get a machine, or a notice that one is on the way?

Iā€™m beginning to suspect that a forum post about further delays is coming any moment.

Iā€™m afraid you might be right. I unpacked and inventoried my box on Saturday. I reported the missing and damaged items and received a response on Sunday. Since then I havenā€™t received anything. All my emails have gone unanswered.

Chris,

It wouldnā€™t be a shock. Iā€™m torn between the natural desire to have the thing, and wanting them to get it right. Getting it right wins, but OTOH I was a kid who woke up at 5:00 AM every Christmas Morning, soā€¦

When I saw Feb. 28th stuff going out, I thought my Feb. 29th order would be hot on its heels. Then they had the delay on XXL (supposedly until Mon. or Tue.) waiting for more MDF bottom boards. Weā€™ll see.

I didnā€™t have homing switches or feet either. But I didnā€™t see feet in the parts list. Putting it together now. The controller board doesnā€™t seem to go on the gantry anymore. The screw holes are on one of the two shorter Y extrusions. Iā€™m putting it on the left. Any Ideas if that is right before I get too far?

1 Like

My understanding is thatā€™s right.

I ordered my XXL march 23rd and I have no tracking number yet. Order number 2698.