SO3 on steroids - build log

I got this one [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BBHJMQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For my Water cooled system that I posted above. Only issue is the DAMM fans
WHAT A JOKE!! So first thing I do is remove the fan inside the controller and
mount a nice quiet fan right on top of the unit, very clear. Also have BIG red button to cut everything off right up front.

Which setting specifically could it be? Technically The only parameters that I should change are the ones that specifically relate to the spindle. So the input voltage and current. Believe all the other settings are the same.

Thank you but this isn’t going to work for me since it has only er11 collet. I’ve bunch of 3/8 and 10mm end mills.

Yeah that was only a wild guess, I was thinking of various params on my VFD like
PD120 = VFD over-current protection, and a few other “over-XXX detection”, that may or may not be enabled, and may or may not be set at (too) low threshold values.

I’m surprised the VFD would generate an “overload” just for starting the motor. Sure, inrush current is a thing, but drawing more than 7A during a long enough time to trip an overload protection?

Maybe dump all of your VFD params (yes, it’s a boring task), and post them there, in case someone spots a param that’s not correctly set to match your spindle ? At least just before you bite the bullet and buy something else.

Which specific A.oL code is it ?
My Huanyang Vfd has these; "E.OL.A ", “E.OL.n”, “E.OD.d” and next to that it says:

1. "Check whether the capacity of the inverter is lower. Otherwise it should be increased
    (I have no idea what this means…)
  2. “Check whether there is any jamming in the mechanical load”
    (obviously not)
  3. The settings of V/F curve is bad. Set it again
    => worth checking ? Params 06 through 10 on mine.
1 Like

E.OL.A - that’s what I was getting.

Worth noting that yesterday when I tried running it of 1.5kw VFD it wouldnt move at all. Today after connecting to 2.2kw VFD and increasing PD142 to 11A it would start to slowly spin and throw out an error code around 3-4k rpm. Also both VFDs are fully functional without cable attached to the spindle.

And I’m using those settings:
PD006=15
PD007=20
PD008=120
PD009=15
PD010=8
tbh these are the settings that I found on a cnczone and they worked perfect for me so far

This is what’s happening to the spindle with 1.5kw VFD set at 7A. :confused: It would slowly spin for a few more seconds with the 2.2kw VFD set at 11A.

https://vimeo.com/358472538

EDIT I’m at a loss here. My 8.5A spindle draws about 2.5A at 24kr pm under no load. This 1.5kw spindle immediately tries to go all the way up to 15A and shuts down the VFD. Is that normal for the spindle to be drawing full current it’s rated on under no load? I’m assuming not? What could be the culprit? I’ve checked all the wire connections and everything looks nice and clean no visible potential for short anywhere.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.