Stars & stripes

I’m making wooden flags, I bought this shapeoko pro so I could carve out the stars, sounded easy enough from the ads, didn’t realize you had to be a design engineer to figure things out, I’m old and basically computer illiterate, could anyone help me in plain English or at least let me know where and how to get a program to do such things? Thanks, and if I don’t respond to your comments in a timely manor please realize I’m very seldom on the computer, thanks again

I worked up a couple of notes on this at:

If you’re stuck on a particular design, post it or a description here or to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work through it with you.

Thanks WillAdams, i checked out the links but I don’t understand how to do any of that. is there any tutorials you know of that could teach me how to use carbide create? I’ve wached and read the ones on the carbide3d site but they didn’t seem to help me much, Thanks

David,

Here are a couple of videos that helped me in the same process and I don’t consider myself that old or computer illiterate, this stuff can definitely be a challenge if you have never done it before. Video 1 and Video 2

Additionally, I am at work (clearly not working hard) but would be happy to send you the file I made as a starting point and to modify as you wish as well. If you want that let me know and I’ll attach it later when I’m home.

-Nick

1 Like

Please provide an example of a task which you are having difficulty with.

Post a file or a rough sketch of what you’re trying to do, and we will work up a custom step-by-step tutorial.

You can post it here, or send it in to support@carbide3d.com

Also, I wrote up a very basic bit on it at:

which will hopefully help you in understanding the basics — if anything there is unclear, let us know and we’ll try to explain things in a fashion which suits.

David, I just started cutting flags recently. I found this link very helpful for designing a flag with the right proportions. American Flag Size & Proportions Calculator - Inch Calculator

I’d also recommend the purchase of Vectric’s V-Carve Pro. Not cheap but easy to learn and very versatile.

Welcome aboard. Feel free to use this. Just save the tool path gcodes and have at it.
American Flag 1.c2d (1.5 MB)

1 Like

Thanks Griff, I also found that app a while ago, very useful.

THANKS KEN, I could not figure out how to align the stars, this helps immensely

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.