Steel Belted Upgrade

So I have been watching Beaver CNC and they are out of stock on the Steel belted belt upgrade. As i understand it this is another place that sells these belts but I’m curious about its reputation. Beaver CNc has a pretty good rep so…thoughts?

https://reprapworld.com/products/mechanical/timing_belts/gt2x9_mm_kevlar_reinforced_timing_belt_per_meter/

1 Like

Click above link to post with link to where I belive 90+% of ppl ordered their steel core belts. No body has issues. And Vince.Fab uses them milling Aluminum at crazy speeds for a desktop… lol and his stuff looks great.

1 Like

It is the 9mm GT2 belt correct?

1 Like

Yep, you should see people mention that in the original thread.

1 Like

So I used the link like everyone stated and I bought it however there is like a 30 turn around. Wouldn’t it make since for carbide 3D to buy up a bunch of this stuff at a discounted price and sell it direct from there website? I mean from all the feed back I get it’s like one of the best upgrades on the best, easiest, and first performance upgrades a newbie can do to their machine without spending $400+ on something

Well @Luke has recently joined Carbide 3D so this may become an item they would carry in their store.

2 Likes

I purchased this about a week ago. I haven’t received it yet. I purchased it based on recommendation’s from a member here.

1 Like

Mine arrived a few days ago – 2 weeks from ordering with standard shipping, China to NY, USA.

Now I just have to work up the time and motivation to pull the machine from its enclosure and make the switch.

1 Like

I designed my enclosure to be able to assemble/disassemble anything without moving it anywhere. I will post some pics when it’s all done.

2 Likes

Yea, I got mine a few days ago from Aliexpress. Have not installed yet (life keeps getting in the way of my fun).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.