Still getting disconnects

Ok I know this subject has come up often, but when ever I turn off my Dewalt router about 70%of the time I get a disconnect. My router is on a different circuit running through a power strip, I turn the router down to it’s lower speed but nothing helps.

Now here is my question, it there a different router or spindle that won’t cause these disconnects? Is the router Carbide sells any better? It’s really becoming a pain in the rear having to reboot every time I make a tool change.
Thanks

1 Like

I have not had any issues with the Carbide router. That being said could your brushes be bad? Also, it is that time of the year when EMI rears its ugly head. This is what I did to minimize my issues with EMI.

Good Luck

1 Like

Since it happens when the router turns off, this is most likely EMI rather than static. So, the first things to check are:

• Power cord for the router is NOT near any other cables that lead to the controller.
  • Brushes - if they are worn, this will increase the EMI substantially before they wear out so much that the router stops working.
3 Likes

Update. Well I found a work around that works great. I has some SSR’s. Solid state relays in my parts box and chose a 5-0 amp one. With a 4 square box, duplex socket, switch, SSR and a 9Volt battery I wired it up to power up use router with the SSR. It works like a champ no more disconnects. Now I can do tool changes without worry.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.