Suggested Update for Advanced V-Carve

In another unnamed cnc program I have - it has the option to use several (more than 2) bits in what Carbide Create would call “Advanced V-carve”. This is really helpful in - say - if I want to use a surfacing bit to carve out a large area in a faster time than just using a 1/4" or smaller bit. So it would be nice to have that option to speed up clearing out large spaces, then smaller bits for finer carves and then down to the v-bit of choice. I think this would be a wonderful addition.

Thanks! Brad

3 Likes

Not exactly sure what you are asking for. You can use a clearing surfacing path for the carving aspect. Then use offset vector and finish with smaller bit.

As I stated if you have a file or graphic as to what you are working with, either myself or others may be able to assist you.

1 Like

It’s a feature request — basically it would be a combination of the Pocket Clearing option in Advanced V carving with the ability to choose multiple tools in sequence as in REST machining.

1 Like

This is the feature I want. I can do it by roundabout means. The speed and finish quality are much better. More detail at: Rest machining in Advanced Vcarve

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.