Sweepy - The Dustboot that sucks

Correct. My concern is the fitting for the dust pick up. I know Shapeoko has recommended one from Bosch, and it works, but it is anconcentric reducer - and it needs to be eccentric. I don’t have a 3D printer so this would be a great opportunity for Shapeoko to make one to fit their Sweepy. (hint, hint)

I will make one asap.
What size hose do you have? Inside/Outside diameter?
Would you rather I make it to fit this Peachtree Hose

@CNCInspiration, if you can make an eccentric adapter like The Bosch VAC020 (https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC020-2-Inch-Hose-Adapter/dp/B000WAAFXA/ref=pd_ybh_a_40?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N62FQ7JD61TGRKWW3VH7) - except eccentric, and your price is reasonable, I’d be game for one (or 2) for sure.

There may also be others interested.

I will be happy to share the model for free or I can print with standard 3d print pricing, (Web calculator) and actual shipping cost.
I have a Sweepy and also the adapter you listed, And since it just so happens I had this on my list of things to do, and I just got done modelling a adapter for the Suckit, I don’t mind doing this at all.
It will be measured to fit on my HDZ.
Also I highly recommend switching to a hose with a metal wire to attach a ground to prevent static dust buildup. It is a hazard.
I will make two adapters, one with my dust sleeve design for the 2-1/2" Peachtree hose and one with the simple slide on hose you shared the link for.
Could you share a pic of your hose end for me please?

1 Like

From: https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Dust_Shoe#Commercial

Adapters and hoses

1 Like

Here is what I came up with. It is setup for maximum flow and should fit much better then the adapter listed which was flopping around in the Sweepy port on mine anyway.
Doing a test print now, I will adjust the bottom for a perfect Sweepy fit.
If you show me a picture of the hose you are using I can customize the top for you. This model has 2-1/2" outside diameter.

Fusion Viewer

6 Likes

I like it. As long as it will fit a 2-1/2" hose.

The 2-1/2" vac hose fits nicely on a 2-1/2" PVC pipe.

1 Like

It has a perfect Sweepy fit, enough friction to stay put but easy to pull out.

I see you already have the Peachtree hose, I will work on a sleeve and cap with hose threads next.

4 Likes

Nice. You need to put this out there when you are done. I’m sure there are people who will want it.

1 Like

If anyone needs the model, it is free to forum users just ask. My 3d printer is not the greatest though, always with the random minor blemishes…
I need a Carbide3DPrinter. One that prints aluminum.

2 Likes

Here it is!

8 Likes

Did you happen to test it with the Peachtree 2-1/2” hose?

If I wanted you to make me one, would you be interested? How would we handle that and how much would you charge?

6 Likes

That, my friend, is a thing of beauty! Why has no one done that already is beyond me.

2 Likes

Unfortunately my cost to make exceeds the cost of the dust boot. Definitely not cheap but fits perfectly and is very sturdy.
At 2 dollars a hour for machine time, (Many charge up to or over min wage)
The adapter takes 8 hours 44 mins to print and uses 56.7 Meters of PLA Plus @$17.97
The sleeve takes 4 hours 41 minutes to print and uses 24.34 Meters of PLA Plus. @$9.58
The cap takes 40 minutes and uses 3 meters of PLA Plus. @$1.36
Total Cost for the Deluxe 3 piece kit is $28.91 plus actual shipping cost.
Can ship next day assuming my 3D printer does not break lol. Looking for a serious machine now…

I can invoice your email with Paypal, message me.

3 Likes

The simpler design I made, takes much less time and material, I can sell it for 15 plus shipping. It is strong enough to use a clamp on.

4 Likes

Hello, I am very interested in buying one of these. I have been looking everywhere for something like this. I couldn’t find a way to direct message you on here, is there another way to contact you about purchasing?

1 Like

Hi Brian I just sent you a message. I can also be reached by text at 954-646-0737