Toolpath Tiling

I’m new at this, and for one of my very first cuts I had to make a part on my S3 that was 10 x 20. It would have been great if there was a tiling feature built into Carbide Create (similar to what Vectric offers.)

Instead of being able to do this with a couple of clicks, I had to scour these forums and YouTube, email with Carbide support, download Inkscape, and probably spend +20 hours until I was able to get what I needed.

This guide on the forums was the closest step-by-step to what I was trying to do, but there were steps in it I was unable to comprehend (probably more my fault than the guide’s). If tiling is not something Carbide can build in, perhaps someone could provide a more comprehensive guide (or video) that slowly walks through all the steps from the above tutorial. Another option is to add an ERASER feature to Carbide Create (as if it were Photoshop) and then I could have erased lines I didn’t want included in the tool paths.

In any case, I was able to get what I needed, in no small part from the help of the Carbide company and community. So thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.