Total Frustration

Hi guys and guyesses. I am hoping for some help. I recently purchased a dxf file to experiment a bit before purchasing Pro software. I signed up for a 14 day trial of 652 pro and find that it will not load a DXF file. Why is this so? The same file opens flawlessly in a vectric product and I can do everything right through to the carve, which it won’t let me do!
I’ve been using carbide Create for the last 12 months and am keen on purchasing, but if it’s not going to work,it’s not going to work!
I thank you all in anticipation of a solution.

Please send the DXF in to projects@carbide3d.com

I don’t believe that Pro mode changes how files are loaded, so probably this would evince the same difficulty in the bundled mode.

DXF files are 2D vector files. You don’t need pro to open them. Perhaps you are trying to import it like it is an STL. DXFs are imported in the exact same manner as you would an svg.

Thanks for that Gerald. When I tried to import a STL, it jambed up the software and the only way out was to shut Carbide down and start again, always with the same result. I’m afraid my 14 day trial will expire before I get to use it.
Cheers from very hot Australia.

For importing STLs see:

and

The STL which was mailed in was in a .rar archive:

which we used 7-zip to extract:

https://www.7-zip.org/

Then, Carbide Create was opened:

Geometry was drawn:

and Import STL invoked:

The values adjusted:

until the desired result was achieved:

1 Like

Then, geometry to create a bound for the 3D toolpaths was drawn in:

and 3D Roughing:

and 3D Finishing:

toolpaths applied:

A second 3D Finishing toolpath with a finer Stepover yields:

1 Like

Thank you Will. I figured that was how it was supposed to work,BUT, my version of Pro does not have the tab marked "Import STL File. It only has Add Shape, Import Image & Export Relief.
Where do we go from here?
Cheers.

Update to the current version:

Thank you Will.
Can I transfer my trial licence over to get a new one? Also, am I able to carve my crocodile on the trial version? So many questions and I do appreciate your help. It must be getting late in the US.
Thanks again.

Whether a license will transfer to a new version depends on if it was issued one year or less prior than the new version.

So, so long as you don’t have a Perpetual license which is more than 1 year old, you should be good to go.

If you do have a Perpetual license which is greater than 1 year old, then you will need to purchase an annual update to bring it up-to-date — check in at sales@carbide3d.com to do so.

Thanks again Will. Your blood’s worth bottling!
Cheers and compliments of the season.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.