Vertical workholding contraption

Is anyone aware of whether there is a commercially available device (either plans or an actual device) that screws into the existing Shapeoko Pro nuts?
I want to make some box joints which don’t have gaps (hence the need to hang my workpiece vertically).
I am aware of a few discussions but not aware of whether successful contraptions exist.
An ancillary question is whether anyone has discovered the best tenon/mortice tweaks for a tight fit. In other words, if I am doing 1/2 inch tenons, would the mortices need to be 1/64th wider? I work in metric so same question can be answered in mm.

Hi Patrick

Can you drop me a DM with some details and pictures of what you are looking to achieve with the project?

1 Like

I use a “kiss” fit where things are cut to the ideal size – usually they “just fit” (but calibrate first if using a belt-drive machine)

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/cutting-boxes-and-a-new-toy/66302/10

and have done mortise and tenon:

as well as various other joinery designs — in particular, blind miter box joints which do not require a fixture:

If you’ll let us know the specifics of a box design:

• dimensions — height, width, depth
  • stock thickness
  • desired features: lid, &c.

and if you’re willing to purchase a narrow V endmill which matches a smaller endmill such as our 1/8" #102 I’ll gladly walk through working up a design with you.

Not commercial, but I put a design up on Cutrocket:

10 posts were split to a new topic: Joinery for a tissue box

Helipaddy

Look on youtube for the jig made by John Clark, it may not be what you want but it’s worth the visit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.