VFD Password 123

We will gladly work with you to get the VFD which you purchased from Carbide 3D up-and-running — please check in at support@carbide3d.com

1 Like

Will, It’s been down since Sunday, Flemming asked late in the day monday if it spins up to 1200 RPM while holding the jog button, I responded “yes”, no further responses. I spent another response offering to pay for overnight shipping… No response to that or 2 other emails. I have left 3 messages with support and no responses.

After posting in the forum, Jednnifer and Eugene quickly emailed me tuesday, Eugene stated “Management is currently working on getting you a replacement unit as soon as possible. The supply team will reach out when it ships.”

I have not received any responses. This is very frustrating…
I need the password for the old one to get the settings or a list of settings so i can get them in to my procured replacement.

Sales NOR Support answer or return calls… How about this… you call me?

I am remote support staff, and don’t support the VFDs (I don’t even have one), so can’t assist. The folks you have been in touch with will respond as soon as they have worked out how this should be handled.

It seems as if everyone is remote… Someone just called me and had zero clue, couldn’t put me on hold to get an answer because he is remote too. He said he’d call me back…

I am about to have an employee of mine start brute forcing passwords into this non functional one.

2 Likes

Maybe @DiscoJon can help? " have an early HDM and my VFD is unlocked. Not rubbing it in, just saying. Anything I can do to help?"

2 Likes

The EFF is an absolute great charity to support if you are in the mood.

4 Likes

I responded to Greg privately

1 Like

I got into it and got all of the settings. Problem is the board that sits between the CNC Controller and the VFD, Not sure why they just don’t run PWM direct and use the “button” as the e-stop. I have bypassed the board for now and am back up and running.

I ended up getting an email from C3D yesterday saying “We are going to send one out to you by tomorrow”. I didn’t know if that it would ship out yesterday for receipt today or ship today for delivery Saturday. I got a tracking number last night and I still has not shipped, the label is for 2 day shipping, Earlier in the week, my emails said I was willing to cover the cost of overnight shipping. Heck… I would have paid for a whole new kit, They just didnt show any in stick. The profit on the job that I am late on is valued at 3x the cost of this entire machine.

The lack of response from support is disturbing. In the 7 or so years I’ve owned Shapeokos,
the last 4 or 5 experiences with support have been a 1 out of 10 experience. My current machine makes awful sounds with belt rubbing on the Y-Axis and the motor shaft wobbles. Was days away from ordering a S05 just to get beyond the awful Y-Axis noise.

Looking at the big Onefinity now. I have emailed their support 2x and both times got a response within minutes. It’s sitting in my shopping cart… @WillAdams

This issue seems to have four tickets, created by email and phone calls and I can’t quite tell what caused the couple of day delay in there.

This “multi-ticket” problem is something I’ve been trying to work with in the support team to fix for the past few weeks. It’s a combination of process and behavior, so change is slower than I’d like.

Your case will go to the whole support team as an example of, “This is why we’re doing this.”

4 Likes

FYI,

If your spinderella board is being replaced you need to verify that you receive the proper revision. As I mentioned I have a very early HDM with an early board. When my replacement board came in it had different connections that the rest of my electronics and I had to do some soldering to remove the minifit Jr headers and solder directly to the board.

@robgrz replacement boards should either come with a pigtail cable or support should verify the revision needed.

1 Like

@robgrz maybe consider tracking machine config / revisions by serial number or license plate like dell used to. Nothing more frustrating that having a machine down, fighting through support, then getting an incompatible part.

1 Like

That’s one of the changes we made for the Shapeoko 5 Pro. There’s a revision sticker on the machine and electronics that will get incremented with every change we make that could affect support.

(I suspect we’ll add them to the other machines if we make a change to them too)

5 Likes

They all had notes referencing the other implying it was being handled in a different thread. We’re now an hour into a discussion about how to avoid this in the future. I suspect it’ll be different after today.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 26 days. New replies are no longer allowed.