Waste board not level

I just got my Shapeoko XL up and running and I believe the waste board isn’t level… I attached a photo but it appears to be cutting deeper on one side. Im using double sided tape evenly to hold down 1/16 acrylic sheet.

How do I remedy this?

Hi Joshua,

You will need to surface your wasteboard (= shallow pocketing across the whole surface, ideally with a fly cutter, but a 1/4" endmill will do).

Alternative if you are in a hurry: take a piece of MDF a little larger than your acrylic stock, attach it on top of your wasteboard and surface it, then install your acrylic on top: it should be level (and you can then take your time to explore the various options to surface the whole wasteboard or use a supplementary wasteboard)

3 Likes

please see:

1 Like

Thank you so much! @WillAdams @Julien

Tips on using different bits. What different bits are used for when designing a project. Adjusting depth of cuts. How to make designs. Example you have a flag and want to add text or a emblem to it. Steps to complete it. You guys helped me out in doing just that. But would be nice to have a place where some hits could be found on how to do it. Any other beginning tips that older users take for granted.

https://docs.carbide3d.com/support/#tooling-support

https://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/carbidecreate/video-tutorials/#toolpaths

That did the trick! @WillAdams

7 Likes

Wow, I am impressed! Great job and idea.

@joshjord what material(s) did you use for the faceplate?? I’ve got an amp that has been sitting unfinished because I need to make a faceplate (silver jubilee clone) and it’s at the top of my list once I (finally) finish getting my XXL all set up with hold downs and dust collection…

1 Like

Interesting place, all sorts of neat stuff…

I think it is cool that you made the notches go to 11. Everyone knows that 11 is louder than 10.

1 Like

look up Winston Moy on you tube. he has great videos on the Shapeoko 3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.