What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

I’m surprised you were able to find our 1 week of spring. Summer and fall are beautiful here.

It’s 1/4" Acrylic done with a grove bit.

I didn’t realize that after importing the png i had to do a rectangle vector in the design tab. This solved my problem.

1 Like

This has been a good experience in this build as a woodworker and a CNCer. I learned a lot. I built this for my good friend (and boss) who loves tarantulas. He will have this table in his principal 's office with a tank or two with his furry friends so students can have a look at them easily. Table legs-walnut. Table top- ash. Acent wood-wenge (african exotic)

36 Likes

the legs are really cool, good work

2 Likes

I believe these are called a Learning Tower, for the little ones to stand at the counter.

Cut out on CNC, laser etched the lines then painted.
Designed it with pockets and tabs for alignment during assembly.

17 Likes

Are the spiders on the apron inlay or epoxy?

They are vcarved and then with black air brush paint. Masked before carving .

Looks great. I have not tried airbrushing yet. Something to add to the list.

Hopefully the spiders don’t get out in school.

Thanks. Airbrush paint doesn’t bleed as much into the wood as spray paint and that’s why I like it.

1 Like

Someone called a week or two ago asking about machining acetate. Figured I’d order some and do some testing. A buddy’s dad made a calligraphy thing of their family initials as a design and i figured that’d be a cool necklace and keychain gift for the family.
Acetate machines easily with the soft plastic defaults in create.

14 Likes

@fenrus, I downloaded the files from cutrocket and was finally going to give it a try but I see a recommendation for a 2.5 mm bit that can handle a 16mm DOC. Do you remember what you used? I am having trouble finding a bit that meets those specs.

pretty sure I used one of these: Amazon.com

Custom wrench job for a buddy’s suspension electric unicycle

25 Likes

Those legs are SUPER cool. Well done.

This board became a set of coasters.

It’s rewarding to turn unfinished materials into finished crafts.

10 Likes

Just messing around with some designs.

Simple v carves whilst the rain lashes down outside during England’s “summer”.

16 Likes

A little too late for the map contest :laughing: This one goes up for auction at a fundraiser.

27 Likes

1st of 2 cabriolet legged end tables in walnut.

33 Likes

Very classy. Tell how you did it. The 16th and 17th Century craftsmen would be envious.

3 Likes