While I’m almost there

Received tracking on my machine. It will arrive by end of the day Thursday. Almost done with the cabinet I will post pics when I’m done, hope to finish it up just before the machine arrives. Then the fun will begin putting the CNC together. Any tips from the pros out there to make this process go easy. Also where does everyone go to find images in .svg to use. I see Carbide creat has some but I’m looking for military images. USMC, NAVY, ARMY, COAST GUARD emblems and rank, American flag. Also other images I see from videos there is no end to what can be created with the CNC. I wont be making anything with these for awhile I know. It’s going to take time to get use to the CNC since I have no experience using one at all. But just want to be looking around and playing with the programs.
Thank you all in advance Bob the beginner

1 Like

I believe this thread should get you started:

(esp. note the technique of looking for SVG files on Wikimedia/image search engines)

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! This is going to be a great ride…just don’t let it frustrate you. Take your time and assemble your machine…reading the instructions very carefully! I’m on this forum almost daily and I learn something…almost daily.

I was just thinking the other day how I’ve messed up a lot of wood trying to get this carving thing down. I swear…I’m doing the same things that I was doing six months ago, but it seems to be working like it’s supposed to most of the time now. I’m sure that I’ve tweaked speed and plunge settings or something to make a difference.

Any way…enjoy your new hobby.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.