Will pay for GCode!

So I’ve bought a Shapeoko 3 XXL with the intent to do a few projects of my own. I’ve yet to cut a single part.

I’m familiar with AutoCAD and have already drawn a few files for what I’d like to cut. Outside of AutoCAD, I’m an idiot with computer programs and really don’t have time to learn it all over right now, as I need these parts to complete a big project.

What I have: DXF cad files

What I need: a file to plug into carbide motion to cut

I’m willing to pay a reasonable price for this service. This could be a recurring thing too.

Thanks, Mike

1 Like

You don’t need to pay for this for the first — send your DXF in to us at support@carbide3d.com or post it here and we’ll work up a step-by-step tutorial and a sample file.

1 Like

I did that last week, Nicolas M told me to try Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape to turn my dxf into a clean svg, no luck… my file requires v carving too so CC would be great. I have not tried Inkscape yet, as I have a Mac and I have to download 3 programs to begin the Inkscape download, finished this last night.

Please send it in again to my attention or post it here and we’ll work this out.

1 Like

I wish I had your AutoCAD knowledge brother! I’ve been at this for about 6 months now. I just learned how to use InkScape to covert files to DXF. I know that’s a bit off topic, but I just want to encourage you to hang out in this forum for a bit. There are some very knowledgeable people here and they have that rare ‘patience’ quality with us noobs.

Happy carving.

I would like to note that DXFs should import easily — we have some notes on this:

• it may help to use the OVERKILL command to eliminate any overlapping or intersecting paths before exporting from AUTOCAD
  • if lines have different elevations, use FLATTEN [17]
  • PLINES are intrinsically joined, and should be used where appropriate [18]
  • AutoCAD 2000 DXF format (model geometry only, base model scaling) export from the desired face (not isometric view)
  • 2004 Lines

and we would especially want folks to send files so prepared which don’t import into Carbide Create in to us at support@carbide3d.com (other problem files would be welcome as well).

There was a request for sample files a while back:

not sure what the outcome there was.

Anyway, once the files are into Carbide Create, creating toolpaths ought to be easy and straight-forward:

https://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/carbidecreate/video-tutorials/#toolpaths

1 Like

I’ll send it as soon as I get home from work, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Anybody want to make some easy money?? I’ll send you my dxf file, give me the GCode file and I’ll pay you. Someone please do this so I can use this machine.

1 Like

Post your file and let me look at it; if it’s a quick thing I’ll do it free.

1 Like

Go to cutrocket.com for free projects for Shapeoko.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.