Z Axis only moves down when initializing

Hey so I am new to Shapeoko and when I initialize my CNC the z axis only moves down then begins grinding. I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

When you initalize and your router runs the wrong direction it is almost always config. The z-plus motor runs opposite from hdz and belt z. The z-plus is refered to as leadscrew and hdz ballscrew. Newer machines have z-plus as standard z. Unless you have older machine that had belt z on SO 3.

Another possibility is a homing switch is active.

If sending the correct configuration per:

doesn’t address things, write in to support@carbide3d.com (let us know you’ve seen that link) and we’ll do our best to work this out w/ you.

1 Like

So what does that mean I have to do to fix it?

1 Like

Let’s start out with what machine do you have? Did you build it yourself, or buy it already assembled?
And what Z carriage option it has.

When you first fire it up, you have to send a configuration file to it from Carbide Motion.

Thank you all for the help! With the tec support from Shapeoko I realized I was inputting my machine wrong. Total fixed the problem. Thanks again for all the quick answers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.