Carassonne Game Files

I called my son in law and asked what he wanted for Christmas. He wanted me to make a game called Carrassonne. I looked on Google and found some manufactured games and one reference to etsy.com for a laser cut vector files. The etsy.com files are only about $7.00 but it states they are for a laser cut. I took a look at cutrocket.com but did not find this game.

Does anyone here have any information about making this game.

1 Like

It’s a terrain tile game, right?

Use one of the techniques from: https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Online_resources#Geography to model terrain for the tiles

esp. see

Note however that the game was released in 2000 and the designer is still alive:

Check and see how the designer feels about files?

Perhaps one of these instead?

3 Likes

The plans you found are to laser the images on the top. Simple square blocks so I would just saw cut. Sounds like you don’t have a laser. Do you have a maker space close? That is one option, the other would be find someone local to do the laser engraving. The way the file looks, i would approach by making the squares and finish sanding and probably finishing them. Laser and then make you a really nice box using the Shapeoko.

not helpful - but my god we as a family play this game my 4 to 14 yearold play with us it is an amazing game!! so many happy hours and memories !!

2 Likes

You might be able to do this without a laser if the tiles aren’t too small and you’re willing to sacrifice some of the finest details like the buttresses of the buildings. Below is a link to the type of inlay I do on the Nomad. The stems of the bush next to the log, just under the hare, are done with a 0.18 mm mill. (The moon is a bit smaller than a dime.) Nomad precision would probably not be required for this.

Another option would be to use a substrate other than wood where you could use a drag bit (the engraving on my hare was done this way). Some plastics/composites would be excellent for this such as the material used in Hive pieces (rather like Bakelite).

2 Likes

Thanks for the advise. I ordered a cheap game from Amazon and I think I will try to scan the pieces, convert to SVG and try and cut it. I have an airbrush to paint the surface. If it all works I will pass it on.

Another option is to print out the designs and glue and decoupage onto the blocks…, yeah old school, but cheap and easy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.