Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?

Are you going to work in the ability to clear with a larger tool? I apologize if I missed anything related to that above.

That’ll be fixed in 418

Rest machining is on the TODO but we have a lot fo other things to get to before that so it’ll be a while.

2 Likes

-iPad companion app.

-Ability to create custom nodes that act as anchors that align two shapes together at user spescified points.

Mac/PC feature parodying (I’m a Mac user), but pariod would be nice.

Agree the ability to select nodes and snap them when aligning would be really nice — that’s one of the things which I really like in Freehand — one can have a mixed selection of nodes (in one or more objects, and one or more complete objects and align things logically.

Carbide Create should have feature parity between Mac OS X and Windows — AIUI, the only differences should be those caused by how the QT toolkit interacts with the underlying platform.

1 Like

CC 417

Background Image Relocating to original position while working.
Place a background image in the work piece and move it into desired location other than origin.
While working on your trace if you double click on background accidentally the Image resets to the origin position causing a pause in workflow.

1 Like

switching the position of stepover and depth of cut under the edit toolpath tab was not fun finding out mid cut. I am also a little on the slow side…

Fixed for 418, which is live at https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/

I think 418 us a big enough update from 413, which is the current stable release, that we’d like to move 418 up to a stable release. We’ll probably do this in the next few days unless anyone finds a new bug in 418 that makes it a regression from 413.

hitting a crash in 418 on files made in 417; going to send the data file to support@carbide3d.com

2 Likes

I think we got it fixed in 419 at https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/

• (FIX) (PRO) Fixed a crash when loading some saved pro files (Arjan)
  • (FIX) Typo (Ben M.)

CC 418
Ghosted toolpath on pockets moved from origin.
I had the original size really big and decided to downsize it and work area after creating toolpath.
• Create text.
• Highlight and create a pocket tool path
• Click done
• Move text from origin
• Delete tool path
• Now deleted toolpath is ghosted on screen.
• This process can be reduplicated an infinite amount of times.

We just uploaded 420 to https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/ which is a quick test for a change to our simulation code:

• (FIX) No longer try to optimize simulation triangle count. If you like it or your video card bursts into flames you have one man to blame. (Ben M.)
  • (FIX) Increased maximum simulation resolution.

This version has the potential to dump a GPU-crushing number of triangles to the video driver so we’re curious if anyone has trouble with it.

2 Likes

Having more of an issue with CM 417 Unstable/ CC 420 Unstable not connecting with one another. In the past I always homed machine, then opened up CC and send straight to machine/ with toolpaths unselected as needed, just resending. never saving any gcode files. Now I can’t cut anything without having to save each individual tool paths g code.

EDIT
This is an Error in CM 417 Unstable Only
re-installed CM 416 everything ran accordingly. CC connected right up to CM no problem

CC 420 OMG the simulations look so much better! Starting to have the quality of Vectric on Simulation!! I could now proudly show a customer a CC simulation rendering of a project before completion. Also notice where simulations previously had part of letters cut out are now solid, so hopefully cuts should match now.

1 Like

CC417, not sure if it has carried over to CC420. I seem to be having trouble getting an edited toolpath to respond to a change in start or stop depth. If I go into edit toolpath, change the depth, and press ok it doesnt calculate the path based on the new values. I have to go back in to edit toolpath and change the operation from a pocket to a contour and back to a pocket (sometimes having to edit the chosen bit) to get CC to recalculate the toolpath. Also the ui doesnt seem to show parameter changes in stepover correctly. It takes multiple clicks on “bit editing” to get CC to respond to the change in values. I feel like this problem might be isolated to my computer system as it has been persistent since CC3XX for me and nobody else seems to be running into it.

And apparently you cant edit v-carve cutter feed and plunge without it automatically changing the stepover from .039 to .225. Again, may just be a problem on my system.

Redo (Shift-Ctrl-Z).
Ruler numbers visible on grid on two edges.
Able to have lower-right zero point.
When resetting view (Ctrl-0), there should be ~5 pixels visible all around the edge so user knows they are seeing the whole doc.
Adobe Illustrator/PDF file import. (I come from an illustration software background)
Accurately-sized SVG import (although the SVG file format may not have that capability).
Spacebar Pan tool.
Thanks

2 Likes

Well how about the ability to have more than one project open at the same time and the ability to cut/copy and paste between projects.

You can have several projects open at he same time time (each in a new instance of Carbide Create).

However, since Copy of the selected item immediately copies the selected item into the current project (which is is not usually how things should work) - there is no Paste function to put it in the other project.

Perhaps CC should work as one would normally expect in this regard - and solve luc’s request?

3 Likes

Until the pasteboard is supported the work-around would be to export an SVG from a file, then import the SVG into a different file.

Yes and no because for example if I want to use the same element of a larger project, I would have to remove all other elements then rave that element as an SVG. Then re-import the SVG in the new project hoping everything comes properly. That could be a lot of work especially if you want elements from several projects. As you said, it is a workaround.

As a software developer I can tell you that most software crashes are not the result of the software itself, but are generally the result of memory corruption, mismanagement of memory allocation, and communication with system resources and drivers.

But of course, there can still be bugs in the software.