Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?

Yea. I haven’t been able to actually perform titling but I would definitely want it in a paid version of pro. This feature would really help me and my clients. It’s pretty much on the top of my list of wanted features.

Sorry, in my comment above, I thought this was part of the other thread on Carbide Motion. Tiling is definitely a good feature for CC that is available in VCarve and Aspire software.

1 Like

Yes. That’s option i would love to pay for. But not 3 different companies with overlapping abilities and options.

I have the titling operation mapped in my head.

Maybe some sort of way to snap a point on a large piece to zero and have the Toolpaths work only a specific area. Lol. I feel like I should be able to do that now. Actually, isn’t that how it’s done?

@robgrz, @WillAdams I wanted to try the free version of CC and I go to the page https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/ and download. As soon as I open the app, I’m informed that I have the pro version and can’t save any GCode. I tried to make a 2D circle then create a toolpath and it does not let me save.

Go to Help->Disable Pro Trial. I forget the exact language but that will disable the Pro and let you save.

I don’t recall a lot of others requesting that feature but it’s certainly something worth considering. I don’t think it would be a short-term addition though.

@Microwave_Monkey - I’m really bad at reading descriptions like that and figuring out what’s wrong (which is why I try to stay out of support). If I’m getting the gist of the problem, it’s important to understand that 3D toolpaths in CC Pro are constrained by the vectors you’ve chosen, not by individual components, which would quickly become non-intuitive as more and more components are added.

1 Like

OK it works but it should be clear on the download of CC page that you need to do this. Maybe the banner that explains that you can’t save should say something do you want to enable the free version or register.

I think I see that carbide create remembers the last settings option. If so it would be nice to remember the grid size. In fact it might be nice to have a a file that contains the default settings that a user usually starts a project.

I have had my Shapeoko xl CNC only 8months love what I been able to do., With the Pro version 3D coming can Carbide 3D create more instruction videos for the absolute beginners.I have watched a few on line feel more needed for starting at ground zero . Thanks Robojeeper

CC431: shift+click and drag to select multiple nodes while node editing doesn’t seem to work.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get my head around the pricing with my cynical hat on. I wear it on Thursdays.

Right now, $360 - for a very young product - plus one year of updates and then a ‘goodbye’ seems a bit unrealistic. This license is impossible to get fixes for beyond 1 year, so far as I can tell.

$120 as a subscription seems okay, but if CC Pro becomes an minor part of your toolkit that you may use for certain jobs it seems a bit expensive per year just to have the right to start it up and change the stock size, for example. This will be me. Lots of .NC files made in a short period of creativity and then only an ongoing need to tweak them when the moon is slightly blue.

So I guess I’m looking for the goldilocks price option. A way of paying something similar to the subscription price until it’s working fine for me and then just not paying any more unless I want more fixes and features. As I understand it, you’ll be holding all CC Pro projects to ransom (dramatically phrased for added dramatic drama) if we don’t keep paying the subscription unless we pay a $360 ‘contract termination payment’ to keep loading CC Pro projects.

I guess I’m thinking that the $360 perpetual licence should not be an option and the license should be more like the jetbrains licenses. You get updates whilst paying the subscription. When you stop paying, you don’t get updates and are left with a perpetual license to use the last version you subscribed to.

1 Like

Well I guess their mind is made up because their business case is built on it but I will say this. IMO, it is unrealistic to pay $360 for the license or even $120 a year is too much for the maturity of the product. I guess the comparison used is Easel Pro at $13 a month ($156/yr) but owners of Inventable products get access 4 days a month for free.

To compare more broadly, you can get VCarve desktop, a very mature product with a 1 year support and access to major upgrades for $349. Yes you are limited in size to 24X24 but you can do tiling. CC has a few abilities that are not available in VCarve Desktop but it has many more features that CC does not have including much more comprehensive toolpath and drawing options. Heck, you can get Cut2D desktop and Photo VCarve for $249. CC does offer some advantages over Easel Pro but also lacks some of the abilities. Maybe when CC Pro matures and offers more features standard in other offerings, I will consider it but it will take a while especially since I have VCarvePro. I wonder if there will be enough people willing to purchase CC Pro to meet the business case projections.

1 Like

@luc.onthego
What abilities does CC have that Vcarve Desktop does not ?

There are a few for example you can create some 3D objects like 3D text, you would need Aspire to do that, you are not size restricted to 24X24in.

ill do it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your helpful knowledge in the past and future!

Stupid question… If I put a new roof on your house and it still leaks, you would not want to pay me. So why am I paying for CC Pro?

maybe stupid question, but what value do you think your question adds to this (mostly) constructive thread?

I’d like to see Carbide Create Pro allow stock sizes larger than the capacity of the machine. Change the The stock width is too big for your machine. from an error to a warning.

2 Likes

@robgrz any possibility of an inlay feature? If CC had this, I would def purchase.

2 Likes

Using latest update. I was asked to try and close this vector but having issues for some reason in CC. From what I can see all points connect, and once prompted to join it just deletes stuff and leaves vector open.
Perhaps I am just overly tired, and missing something simple.

Pumkin Trouble.zip (4.2 KB)