Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?

The problem here is that Carbide Create can’t join multiple objects when closing paths.

In order to fix this:

• export to SVG
  • join the objects in a vector drawing program which has that feature
  • reopen in Carbide Create

SVG attached: Pumkin%20closed

C2D: Pumkin closed.c2d (34.8 KB)

1 Like

Based on this discussion, it seems like the capability to edit vectors in this way (joining objects and other less rudimentary functions) would be something that CC Pro should be able to do. The Vectric products, as an example, have pretty advanced vector drawing/editing capabilities, so there is usually no need to use another program when working with vectors.

4 Likes

Well IMO, that should not be a pro function it should be across the board, this is basic not advanced functions.

1 Like

Nobody said it would be a pro feature.

We’re still making big changes to the vector editing in CC. We’ll get it in there.

4 Likes

Yes read the line you quoted below

Then let me be more clear for you- nobody from Carbide has said it would be a Pro feature.

I think it was mentioned in many of the messages in this thread that the vector editing improvements are all in the free version. (And all of the changes except the relief modeling for the past few months have been in the free version)

4 Likes

@WillAdams Thanks, I figured something along those lines for now. Just wasn’t sure if it was added yet. Didn’t want to send them out of CC if it wasn’t necessary but I was super tired, so figured it was just me.

I hope all that Observed Labor Day as a holiday enjoyed themselves. And those of you who don’t I hope your weekend was just as Grand.

1 Like

OK then let me be clear too, I never said it was you or another Carbide person that said it was a going to be a Pro feature, I was responding to @rowiac who made the comment. Thank you for confirming it will be available to all versions of CC.

1 Like
  • Created tabs for toolpath remain on screen after toolpath has been deleted.

One must save file, and re open to clear the tabs from screen

• While editing/moving vectors if you accidentally double click one, it is thrown to other side of screen far away from origin.

• While resizing vectors and you right click to pan screen it locks the pan function.

• While Scaling vectors using resize function- if you click the outer edge of window to drag and re-size the vector can disappear, also caused program to not respond, left like this for 30 min, nothing ever caught up, I just shut down and rebooted the program. Did this 3 times with same results.

PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE!
Would be great to see some Auto Tab feature in the future that would work with generic shapes, circle, squares, triangles, This would be so helpful when programming XXL to cut out for example 30 coasters at once, Setting 4 tabs per coaster equates to 120 tabs, and when you forget to offset outer profile for rough cut and must re do all 120 tabs manually.

Also would be awesome to be able to delete accidental tabs, like say I put it in the wrong place or accidently double stacked 2 tabs side by side. you could delete the ones you don’t want/need instead of starting completely over.

4 Likes

I understand the benefit of the auto-tab function you are asking for, but in the case of 120 tabs you mentioned, have you thought instead of using the blue tape/super glue method of holding your work down? If you do that, you’d need zero tabs.

when I cut them I add the tabs for the rough cut of an offset profile, then I do a full doc pass on original profile to remove scallops from rough cut, cuts off all tabs and they just sit there.

2 Likes

Ability to customize the cutting area. This would allow Shapeoko users to use carbide create to designs projects that can be cut on Shapeoko and Beaver CNC machines. I also believe there’s large untapped market for a simple yet powerful CAD program.

2 Likes

I’d love to see some more instructional videos on Carbide Create Pro.
Honestly some of us new to CAD/CAM software could use some step be step guides on each feature. I have been learning Fusion 360 via YouTube and I wish Carbide Create Pro had a teaching series of videos.

1 Like

I would like to see 100% control of my tool database including the ability to remove all C3D tool libraries that I do not want or need.

I don’t think we’d ever allow the default libraries to be removed (too many potential support problems there) but I can see adding a “Hide Carbide 3D Libraries” or “Hide Default Libraries” checkbox.

I added that to our request list for future releases.

2 Likes

Something I noticed in the toolpaths of CC, the feed rate and plunge rate are identified as inches. Since this could lead to confusion as it is a rate, it should state in/min.

1 Like

yeah i can see it being an issue. maybe take something like vectric does where it allows the ability to remove them all, but simply click a button to import from website to restore default tool database but in reality, William pointed out that I can simply hide it which is fine. Just hate have to scroll thru a bunch of stuff I don’t and won’t use to get to what I do use for bits. :slight_smile:

@robgrz

Loving the Update, going through it now to look for any issues.

One thing that would be nice is after creating a new Tool Library if we had the ability to rename the Library without having to Duplicate it to rename.

Found Error
The first Library Created is locked and you cannot add any tools. Consecutive ones are unlocked and you must restart program to unlock the first. Video showing the issue, which is apparently at random.

ps off topic is there any way you can take the extra 6 out of my screen name? it was supposed to be 6988 not 69688. If not it’s ok…

Username is fixed.

Can you tell me what build you’re running? There was a bug with libraries being locked but I thought we fixed it.

1 Like

Awesome Thanks so Much for that!!!

I’m using Build Number 449.

Both videos show different anomalies, I’ve had three different ones.

1. 1st Locked, then the subsequent ones were unlocked

2. All new libraries locked.

3. Locked and then unlocked, repeatedly