Carbide Create V7 Beta

Not sure if this helps anything, but this is from the Application Event viewer. BTY, checked the Security and Maint and found nothing.

=================

The program carbidecreate.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3858
Start Time: 01d896d816ca30a1
Termination Time: 159
Application Path: C:\Program Files\CarbideCreateV7\carbidecreate.exe
Report Id: cb21130f-f5da-40a5-aa7d-29581f0c0190
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Cross-thread

How does the code generation work for features not on top of the stock? For example if I have a feature with a tool path, and move it outside of the stock, does it generate the gcode that’s outside the field?

I guess a work around at this point is make an extra large piece of stock, do all the development on it, and use uncut rectangles to define stock limits. Then save a copy of the file for each piece of stock, edit the stock size to actual for that piece, and then turn off (or delete the other components not on that piece).

Maybe a intermediate would be turn off features outside a box. (I can see that being useful for rework for a bad part etc)

John

I did something similar with this job.

I created each piece on a separate layer, then just moved the 2nd layer (right side) to the origin to cut.

This seems the same as a tiled job to me. Either you are moving the stock, or using a 2nd piece.

The one enhancement, that’s been mentioned, that would [have] benefit[ed] me the most for these type of jobs would be posting a toolpath group instead of enabling/disabling toolpaths. [pointless now with the proprietary format I suppose]

We just uploaded a new build 720 to Carbide Create Beta Downloads . Can you try it out and see if it’s any different for you?

We made a small internal change based on something in your bug report. We have no idea if it’ll fix anything, but it eliminated one obscure error message we found that could be a clue.

Not sure if the 720 was addressed to me, but I do have 714 running with the only issue being SLOW to save but gets there eventually. 719 continues to fail. I am having to complete a job now and may be a while before I can test 720.

720 was addressed to you (@Frank246). Please give it a shot when you can.

2 Likes

Will do.
Thanks you I will try soon.

What issues were you having with 719? I’m just curious due to issues I had.

719 worked ok until time to save and then it would pause at the 66% mark and after 4 or more mins. crash the program along with any other programs that were running at the time.

W10 was the o/s
It seemed to blow out my Norton and Brave apps

I resorted back to 714 and have been running fine all morning, except for what I consider a long save…like 45 secs. or on a file that with V6 seems to take about 5 secs.

That said, I do love the combined gcode and file save into one. For me, I use the tool path “disable” a lot and just keep saving between tool changes. Works for me.

Downloaded 720.
Loaded former file that was up to 4 mins. to save
File saved in 23 secs.
720 seems to run and save fine.
Ran this file with MCetcher and it came out great!
NAMES tight pocket.c2d (1.9 MB)

3 Likes

Back to the BETA itself, I’m running the coin designs at per the attached file. Going well, no problems, but wondering if there is any way to be able to zoom in on CM on the view screen (Top/ISO/Front) so that one might be able to see better the paths being shown?

I LOVE the feature in itself so that is great. Just wondering if it might be more helpful for small types of designs to be able to see it better in CM.
It helps to attach said file, duh!
NAMES tight pocket.c2d (1.8 MB)

THANKS

We just uploaded 721 to Carbide Create Beta Downloads with the fixes to the Texture toolpath problems that @GJM found above.

2 Likes

It did not solve the problem for duplication of a Texture toolpath:

Using this as the max depth:
Now Duplicate the toolpath:
and open it to look at the max depth:
The “T” is gone and is replaced by .394 (not sure where that number comes from)

I can confirm that the OTHER defect has been resolved.

The Windows build didn’t get the last change applied to it. Can you grab 721 one more time ( we just replaced the build) and that depth bug should be fixed too.

1 Like

OK…Confirmed both fixes.

Thanks.

Something like this would be nice…
https://fenrus75.github.io/FenrusCNCtools/javascript/gcodesplit.html

Love the new build

Question for you Rob

I use the Notes function a lot. BUT Can you add a function to allow it to stay on the design screens while working?

The reason I ask is I have a basic file with tool paths. The Parts cut changes periodically. I pull up notes, make my changes to dimensions, then proceed. Instead of scribbling my dimensions on a paper pad, I would like to pull up Notes to look at as I work.

Is this possible???

1 Like

I’m not sure about making it stay open with the program running as normal in the background, but would a hot key be helpful?

3 Likes

I think that would satisfy my needs well. I was thinking about the interface of the two window open, figuring it would be difficult to do.

Thank you, I look forward to that.

I’d like to see the addition of diagonal travel of the spindle for quicker manual positioning.
I am aware of the rapid coordinate system. The slowdown there is to have several clicks just to get there.
It would be nice to have when needed.

1 Like