Carbide motion error code x2

Just got a new computer, and downloaded Carbide create and carbide motion, carbide create works beautifully, but when I click on the icon of carbide motion it gives me first an error box of

“MSVCP140.dll was not found”

I click ok and another box pops up

“VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found”

I have reinstalledacouple of timesbut same thing happens…HHHEEEELLLPPPP

Welcome Paul!

This is a known issue. There’s a few examples of how to fix it around here. This one is from nearly a year ago:

Hopefully this will help!

Unfortunately, I don’t think the CM developers test on new machines or VM’s of fresh installs, so this issue doesn’t seem to get very much notice.

Actually, we do — new machines rarely have this problem and if they do it’s usually resolved by doing a complete check for patches and updates and then rebooting — see recent technical discussions about how Windows normally doesn’t shut down fully, but instead hibernates the kernel for quicker restarts.

In my experience, CM does not install on a fresh 64 bit copy of Windows 10, even after it is fully updated. I’ve experienced this directly, twice, in the last month. It’s pretty reliably reproduceable.

The issue appears to be that the CM installer does not install its 32 bit dependencies on a 64 bit machine.

Okay, I’ll pass this on to the folks who work on development and we’ll see what can be puzzled out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.