Cut an angle on stock edge

Hello,
I am new to CNC and the Shapeoko 5 Pro; I want to cut a bevel on the front edge of walnut, starting at 1.125"

from the edge and step down to .25" at the end. The sim looks like it is centering the V cut vs taking it to the edge of the board, what needs done for this? 3 hours of YouTube hasn’t found an answer. An example is attached, and perhaps I just need to run it thru the table saw to get the effect.

Also, is there a “back” button or shortcut key to undo the last entry (mistake)?
thank you.

Edit | Undo should undo the last action — and continue for a bit (at least three, just tested).

For cutting such an angle you have a couple of options:

• model it in Carbide Create Pro
  • use a V tool which cuts the desired angle
  • use a fixture to secure the stock at the requisite angle and surface it off
  • draw a series of lines and assign appropriate depths to cut the desired angle
  • hand-code a G-code file which will make the cut

I’ve actually been working on a tool to make that latter a bit easier — if you’ll let me know the specific dimensions involved I’ll work up an example file and post the G-code from it for you to try out in a piece of scrap — if that works, you can then try it for real.

That said, there’s no way that doing this on a CNC router is going to be as quick as a table saw — if you have that option, and need to do this on a regular basis, my inclination would be to make a jig on the CNC which would allow you to make the cut on the table saw.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.