From STL file to Carbide Create (PRO) [screenshots included] (outdated, please see updated instructions in tutorial section)

that request makes sense, internally I have the logic for it (the command line tool has it) but I had not done the website/javascript side for that. I’ll go figure out how to do that

would this be best done with a set of fixed resolutions (drop down box) or do you just want some box where you can type a number?

I would think data entry fields would suffice. It’s not like the resolution has to comply with some sort of industry standards. What would be super nice is if you entered the width that the height would be auto calculated based on the model’s aspect ratio. And vise versa if you entered height.

Thanks for the quick reply!

the aspect ratio already works that way :wink:

1 Like

Is there a way to set a texture to not repeat and give us the ability to center it on the stock?

Yes, sort of, size the box to the desired size and set it to have the same proportion as the incoming image so that the repeat doesn’t matter.

I tried this and I cant download the image or save it ay all, I can see the full image but just cant save, and I couldn’t download the software just ran it from the browser, any thoughts

which browser did you use?

I am using windows explorer

and thank for such a fast reply wow

I’ve had another report of that and was going to check IE/Edge later today.
Turns out javascript isn’t very uniform between browsers ;-(

1 Like

ok thanks I will try chrome

hey just wanted to let you know that worked great and thanks for your help and the app

Terry - This is really cool, you might consider entering it in the Community Challenge #7:

2 Likes

I tried to download the tool, and can not find the Exe files needed. Please help

there is a nice browser based version nowadays, much easier:
https://fenrus75.github.io/FenrusCNCtools/javascript/stl2png.html

3 Likes

I just found that and am trying it but i wish it allowed for the user to set the file name or grab it from the import filename.

ok I just changed it to take it from the input filename…
(it might take 1 or 2 minutes to propagate to the live webpage)

2 Likes

Works great thank you

1 Like

how to do you get the cmd file to execute the conversion i wnet on the link you have but not sure what i need to download and how to run it?