gSender from Sienci Labs - CNCjs based sender

Try adding a semicolon between M6 and T…you have two in your file.

1 Like

Hi Neil,

I see the same thing. If I add in the semi-colon after every M6 command the file works. The gcode file is created straight from CC (617 now) and it does not add in the semi-colons when using the Shapeoko post-processor. The Basic and GRBL post processors add in a semicolon in front of the ‘T’ tool command, but they do not add in the M6 tool change command.

I do not know G-Code very well. Is a semi-colon required for the tool selection? Is CC wrong or gSender?

This is a gSender issue.
Carbide Create, with the Shapeoko post processor, is doing things correctly.
I sent you a PM.

2 Likes

gSender 0.7.4 is now available via github. https://github.com/Sienci-Labs/gsender It seems to fix the tool change issue. Now we just need the code for the bitsetter to try it out. (Neil ? Julien?)

On my weekend plan…

5 Likes

Which is the correct ARM version for the RaspberryPi4b? I assume it’s the v7I but want to make sure.

Oof, this looks awesome! Was just cracking open cncJS for the 2nd time and was not looking forward to it…

Yes, for me most things work well but the tool change hooks still do not seem to work. I like the visualization and summary info when opening up a gcode file. The “normal” operations like jogging and zeroing… seem logical and work. They are off to a good start with gSender.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t update here. Toolchanges are working with limited testing. There’s one inconvenient issue which the devs are working on.

EDIT (10/24/21): CNCjs Macros will now work seamlessly with gSender (v0.75) and the BitSetter.
These can be imported right into gSender.
gSender_bitSetter_macros.zip (1.1 KB)

Be sure to adjust the “User Defined Variables” in the Initial Tool Macro

@SLabuta
@greg5
@CrookedWoodTex

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

So your update means the inconvenient issue is gone, right? (I think 10d ago it said there was the issue… I’m guessing now that issue is fixed)

Correct.
Should be good. I’ll try to write something up when I get some more time.

5 Likes

V1.0.0 was released today.

1 Like

At least one developer has decided they deserve a beer, 1.0.0 that’s a psychological milestone :champagne:

2 Likes

I’m wondering if you are talking about gSender or something else? I don’t see anywhere that gSender went from 0.7.5 to 1.0.

1 Like

The github repository is updated before the website. Look here: Releases · Sienci-Labs/gsender · GitHub

2 Likes

has any of you guys checked whether the various CNCjs pendants (pieces of code to support external/custom peripheral devices to interact with the sender) are compatible or at least portable to gSender ? I would expect them to be with minor effort, considering gSender branched off CNCjs

1 Like

Good point — didn’t CNCjs add support for the nifty Contour Design ShuttleXpress?

1 Like

As far as I can tell, without updating to 1.0.0 version, is that external controllers and joysticks are still a bit of a problem as a general rule. There are versions that work well, but not everyone’s favorite 'stick works.

1 Like