New CNC setup for a new guy to CNC

Rotate it 90 degrees and use tiling?

Or see:

1 Like

A cautionary note. I built my own table to hold a weight of 200 kg. Eventually after a few years of use I decided to put it on wheels. I purchsed industrial individually braked wheels that were designed for a load of 50 kg per wheel. It was great to be able to move the table easily once I had quadrupled my available work space.

I noted after a few small jobs, I had one that required some heavy cuts. I was surprised to find the solid rubber wheels were acting like a suspension unit and the table, after compression of the wheels, was bouncing up and down by around 25mm at a time. I removed the wheels and I have stepped back to having a solid table, which I find much more satisfactory. YMMV

1 Like

I use wheels from Rockler than can be engaged when you want to roll and disengaged when you want it on a solid footing. The set I have is mounted to plates on the table. You can remove the wheels altogether and move them to plates on another table/tool if needed.

Someone posted a similar set from Amazon last week which were a little less expensive.

EDIT:
I added the links below. As a side note, the rubber on the first set of these I bought for a router table 20 years ago fell apart earlier this year and I had to buy replacement wheels. It was a pretty long run but still wouldn’t have expected them to disintegrate. I have 2 other sets that are younger. Time will tell.

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-workbench-caster-kit-4-pack?country=US&sid=V91040&promo=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl57jg5jqhQMVG0pHAR3cKALHEAQYASABEgLWxvD_BwE

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-quick-release-workbench-caster-plates-4-pack?country=US&sid=V91040&promo=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl57jg5jqhQMVG0pHAR3cKALHEAQYAiABEgLdvfD_BwE

3 Likes

I bought a Shop Fox for the vacuum system, much quieter than a shop vac. My entire system runs on a single 20 amp circuit except for the vacuum system. 20 amps runs a computer, monitor, 1.2kw vfd and 5 Pro with no issues. Make sure the circuit is NOT GFI. Below is a photo showing placement of the controllers, which worked out perfectly. Hope this is helpful.

3 Likes

Thank you so much and I love the setup

1 Like