Pocketing going wrong

Hi I am new to CNC and been playing with the prgram a couple of days now and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Im am trying to pocket out a space but it keeps grabbing some of the letters and numbers??? I am partially at were I want to be but cant figure this out. See below image.

Thank you

You will want things not to overlap.

For the text see:

https://carbide3d.com/blog/merging-script-fonts-in-carbide-create/

and you’ll need to use Trim Vectors for the rest, and it will probably be necessary to have two separate copies of the script text.

If you have difficulties with this, post the file.

Part of this is Figure-Ground reversal — see:

1 Like

Thank you @willadams, this worked great!!! I was even able to add other detail as well with advance vcarve.

Glad it was helpful!

Are you cutting a slot just as narrows as the tool around things?

Where possible avoid slotting and add geometry and cut as a pocket

and/or

and consider leaving a roughing clearance and taking a finishing pass.

@WillAdams have you seen the other threads with pocket issues such as this one:

Any guidance on that? Is 10% over the tool diameter a magic number that if exceeded the behavior is different? Advising a pocket that ends up cutting as a slot anyway is just a time consumer.

To be fair, I am not running the latest build of CC. When I get back from Vacation I intend to upgrade both CC and CM to the latest levels.

1 Like

The star at the top of the tree that appears in your design is missing from the simulation.

You may have planned that, but just pointing it out if it slipped through the cracks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.