Power supply: connector?

The power supply for my Shapeoko 3 appears to have stopped working, and I think I’m going to have to replace it. I’ve read the page about the electrical specs, but I don’t know what to look for when it comes to the kind of connector it uses to plug into the board. If I knew what it was, I could look for an adapter or something. What’s it called?

This is a replacement for the Nomad

per https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Nomad_883#Parts

Added to (and other options at) https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Parts#Power

1 Like

Here are the power supply connector references I’ve purchased for Shapeoko:




Mine went out last year. I tried searching for a generic replacement, but that connector is what stumped me too. I ended just buying a replacement from Carbide 3D. If I remember correctly, the connector is used a lot on LCD monitors, I just never found the right combination of specs and connector.

None of the Amazon products listed in this post or the wiki are available. Does anyone have links to the correct 24v 5a 4pin power adapter from other websites? Maybe digikey/mouser/parts-express?

I did find a few on amazon that were available but their pin out were not compatible. Another alternative is to know what monitors or laptop models would be compatible with the pinout of the carbide motion board.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention — please let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work out how to get a power supply to you.

1 Like

Is there a pin out for the connector? I would like to add a panel mounted on off switch and avoid hacking the PSU cable.

It’s a commodity part, and the power supply should be labeled with the specifics — I’d think that electronics specialty houses should have connectors and so forth available.

1 Like

pin out is on the bottom of the power supply brick.

the plug, I believe, is https://www.sager.com/KPPX-4P-1515904.html
(order/use at your own risk - I haven’t verified this plug yet)

and you can get it at digikey/mouser/ect.

there is probably a jack version you can get and mount to the PCB but I don’t have that info. if you figure it out please post here.

1 Like

Here’s the plug at Mouser.

Here’s the jack at Mouser.

Here’s another jack with a different mounting style.