Pro Wire Covers

Just getting around to making some parts for the Pro, this is iteration 3 of the right side wire cover. It fits snug but not sure how I will attach it yet. Considering 2 sided tape, snap or bolt on… (Fast print settings)

30 Likes

I need that! I’ll pay you to print one out for me when you’re happy with the fit.

I also have issues with my dust hose knocking into the z-axis proximity switch. I already had to replace it. I’ll buy a cover for that too if you come up with anything.

1 Like

Can you show me a photo of whats happening for a better understanding please.
I can share the model or make you one when finished no problem.

3 Likes

Nice finishing touch!

1 Like

My hose was oriented in a way it would sometimes rub on the z limit switch. It happened enough that the wiring lost a good connection and I needed to get a new sensor. Covering this with a little cover would protect the sensor. I’ve since repositioned my hose to be more forward oriented to help with the issue, but given how close the switch is to the hose connection, it’s likely impossible to keep it from happening all the time.

While this would have cost Carbide 3D only a couple cents per unit to include, I’ll happily pay several dollars to appropriately protect the sensitive parts.

I can make that for you. Was planning on covering all the wires in that area as soon as I get the right side cover done, will start with the prox sensor tomorrow. Check back here in a day or two.

5 Likes

That would be awesome. I’d love to see what you come up with.

This is awesome. Are you willing to share the file or sell it? I wouldn’t use it to sell or anything just for my own machine.

1 Like

I will share the model as soon as it is done. Check back in a few days.

9 Likes

Ran out of time to finish this weekend, took a while to model the prox switch and bracket.
Will get back to it asap.

7 Likes

WOWZAS! That’s 10x more genius than what had pictured in my head. Excellent work!

1 Like

Iteration 2 is printing now.

5 Likes

i3

Lol Naa… i4 incoming tonight.

5 Likes

I second that for the files I will pay also. Great work.

2 Likes

I like how this one came out, printing now…

5 Likes

Use a raft and supports when printing. Model should be vertical with the flat bottom surface touching the raft. There are 2 small bolt head cutouts at the front of the cover inside, make sure they are cleaned out after removing the supports. I use a small flat head screwdriver.
ProxCoveri4.stl (808.7 KB)

6 Likes

Looks fantastic! Have you got anything else planned? Other covers?

I’ve not yet been blessed by the 3d printing gods. Could you print them for me? I’ll of course cover all costs and hope you add some profit for your hard work.

1 Like

Nice work! (20 characters)

1 Like

I am going to finish the right side cover this week and start on a few more parts asap. I can send you one of these for now, just message me your name and address.

2 Likes

I PM’d you. (I think)

1 Like