Shapeoko HDZ option for the Shapeoko Pro

As in they should square the spindle by how they are installed or they have a mechanism to tram?

Having had a SO3 HDZ and the ZPlus on the SO4 and SOPro, the EZ tram helped a little, but I don’t really miss it. On my 4/Pro I just slightly tighten one side and tap the mount.

3 Likes

The HDZ has 150mm of travel.

No EZTram plate - the spindle mount goes right on the front - and usually it’s pretty close to square these days but tramming is done with the screws just over finger tight and shims for nod.

3 Likes

Will the stock 65mm mounts from the Pro fit the new HDZ?

For those who only check the forums and were ordering an HDZ, it appears that some 80MM mounts have come back in stock :smiley:

4 Likes

yup, it’s the same mount

2 Likes

I hate to be a complainer, but I just got my HDZ’s, are they green?

Got mine Saturday, it’s more of a grey color than green on mine.

1 Like

I agree it would be nice for it to match the original Pro’s black hardware but after waiting nearly a year for this I’m just glad it’s not pink.

2 Likes

Photo is not matching what my eyes are seeing lol… Maybe I am wrong idk…
Anyway it is a very stout heavy piece… Looks very strong.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s HDZ night !

I’ll always miss the Beaver Blue, but I really like this Aqua (dark teal ?) blueish-greenish-grey anodizing

9 Likes

I see what you mean now. It does look like it has a bit of a blue/green hue to it but wondering if it’s reflection or related to ambient light. My shop has LED lighting and I’ve noticed sometimes a bit of a faint blue/green look at times. I believe it’s because white LEDs are actually a combination of red, blue, and green emitters that combine to create the white light but I could be wrong.

1 Like

@Julien did you fall for it? the pro? xxl?

1 Like

It was a two step decision:
Step a) : I bought a larger house
Step b) : I no longer had the excuse of “not enough space in my garage”, so…a Pro XXL was inevitable.
Furniture projects, here I come! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The color is awesome and makes me want one. Haven’t HDZs always been a different color? Nice and flashy and nobody will mistake it for a Z-Plus!

you will tell me if you see a difference in precision or speed of machining…
for the moment my shapeoko3 xxl is enough for me. one day maybe i will take a bigger one with a tool loader. so not at carbide 3d…

1 Like

I like the hose clamp. Is your own design? Care to share the source?

1 Like

Hi I designed a set of hose attachment parts to work with the Peachtree hose with the embedded metal slinky. Very nice for grounding the dust collection system.

Do you have a 3d printer?

3d-printed-hose-routing-and-dust-boot-hose-adapters-for-shapeoko

1 Like

I have a 3D printer, but I my try milll your design. I have a 4x12x12 piece of HDPE that needs a project :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Max, thanks for the reminder on that thread. I always enjoy your design work and decided to download the linked STL’s and print them for fun. Just a heads up - I believe they were updated to metric at some point, but they don’t seem to natively translate into Fusion or Slicer to scale. Scaling to 10% in Slicer seems to produce desired dims. Anyway, I enjoy your work, thank you,