The Beaver CNC HDZ Lives!

Yea I have before I just don’t want to be annoying. Haha

Nah they are super cool,Just tell them you have projects to get done and ur really excited to receive it.If anything he will give you a heads up on the expected delivery time.

Yea I just did said he’s going to check as they are doing some shipping today and will let me know.

1 Like

I’m not complaining. They said the lead time was up to 4 weeks, but, I agree, they are great to deal with.

1 Like

Yea I’m definitely not complaining. I’ve always had a great experience with them. I was just wondering.

Hoping to get mine soon. I’m holding off on a few projects until I get the Suckit installed. My workshop is in a room I use for other things, so I don’t want to go crazy with the dust. Surfacing the wasteboard on the XXL will definitely have to wait…

2 Likes

Since this thread is about the HDZ, I have to give my thanks to Luke @Luke for his work on this. I got mine in perfect condition and installed it easily. The only thing I wasn’t sure of was the X limit switch mount - you need to transfer it from the stock Z to the new one. I couldn’t be happier with the new Z axis. I was having serious issues with the stock one. Thanks Luke!

2 Likes

@reidfo Thats great to hear! Have you made any projects with it? @bborden posted a really nice carving on FB last night.

Also thanks for the tip on limit switches. I will add that detail to the instructions :smiley:

6 Likes

About 6x9” and tons of detail. Picture doesn’t do it justice. The hdz got a healthy workout as the eagle had ALOT of up and downs, very fast. Very nice work from luke

1 Like

All handy work of the hdz. Didn’t skip a beat on the aluminum.

2 Likes

@bborden Nice carving.

Can you provide info on the dust boot? It’s not one I think I’ve seen. Thanks.

RMW

@rmwarren http://www.ev-guide.com/3d-printing-products/shapeoko3vacuum

I have a suck it as well but the one in the picture I attached a link to.

Update: Jen said mine at least would be shipping Friday. So they are coming out! Yay

1 Like

Mark and Jenn are good eggs!

1 Like

I’ve only done a bit of tests with the laser, which of course doesn’t use the Z. I did get UGCS working with the Triquetra touch probe and did some zeroing. Also tweaked the max feed rate for the Z based on some tests I did seeing how fast I could move the new Z axis before it skipped. It moves faster than I thought it would.

1 Like

Don’t have a laser but I saw Winston Moy on YouTube had his machine moving super fast. Not sure what the speeds were though.

Also what laser do you use? Picture of your setup?

Just curious how fast you were able to go on the HDZ, I went 20% over with no issues. Haven’t had a chance to tweak it since both machines with upgrades been in heavy production since the upgrade.

1 Like

@Stari and @Lewscrew good questions. I will be working with the XXL tomorrow and will post what I was able to set speeds to. As for the laser, I use an Endurance 10 watt laser mounted alongside my router. I don’t have any pictures of it, but just imagine zip ties and tape holding a laser onto the Z axis and you get the idea. :slight_smile: Now that I have my HDZ, have the modified mounts for the Suckit on the way, I plan to mill a custom mount for the laser to mount to my HDZ.

2 Likes

seconded on this… any plans for an x/y upgrade kit in the future