What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

Haha, nope, just rock wool. I have two 3” inlets to the enclosure. Is that enough? Hell I don’t know to be honest! The air comes in through the top and into the enclosure up front. I’m hoping the baffle does something. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t! This enclosure is honestly just a hodge podge of a bunch of things I seen other people do, so I’m not sure how it’ll work in the end! I will report back once it’s finished though and let you guys know the results whether they’re good or bad.

I haven’t been posting my projects of late, but @Tarheel66, your awesome sign motivated me, thanks and great job!

17 Likes

On the top of your sign you can see the wood grain. Was that just wood grain or did you apply a texture?

Hi Guy,
I was going for a sandblasted wood look, remember the way those used to show the grain so nicely?
It’s a textured toolpath using a 1/8" ballnose. First I cut a pocket toolpath 1/8" deep using a 1/4" end mill, then a profile around all the letters using a 1/8" end mill.
Then I drew an offset 1/2 the diameter of the ballnose, so .063. Used that offset for the limits of the toolpath to prevent the mill from touching the straight edges of the letters, which worked pretty well.
A lot more info than you asked for, sorry. But, if there’s any interest, I could post the details in a new thread. It’s likely the @WillAdams already has instructions for this though.

3 Likes

Yes Will is a fountain of information. Thanks for the details.

It was on the now-defunct Shapeoko wiki.

Basically one just uses a texture toolpath w/ suitable settings along the wood grain — if anyone can’t get the desired effect, just post the file and we’ll walk through it w/ them.

1 Like

I mounted a 4" inline vent blower with a CFM equal to the vacuum & dust collector. The fan is quiet with the air pickup near the floor as the small room is air-conditioned. It made a remarkable difference in temp within the enclosure. Amazon has quite a few of these types of blowers in different CFM mainly used for grow tents. The 200 CFM unit and hose I used cost $40.

13 Likes

I’m not usually the jealous type but man is that a nice setup :green_heart:

2 Likes

Refrigeration muffin fans are high cfm in a small compact design. Easy to install and an easy inlet outlet size to conform to with hoses.
Big sale on now at amazon.ca (CAD price)

I have used this specific one on a large refrigeration cooler and is quiet and very effective.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a solution I haven’t seen before and it looks great!

1 Like

You can line them up in a linear way as well. ‘Duct’ the inlets together in a rectangular box ‘housing’ and bring one hose sized for both. A neat little cnc project actually. They are plug and play but the plugs must be wired 115V. Low amp fans.(easy replacement, 4 screws).
Good fans for an air hockey table or for reverse effect sanding tables. Just keep them clean after use if used for dust. Air hose to the holes and the fan is good practice.

Nice sign. Thanks for sharing.

Would you share your c2d file? If not on the forum via private message.

Hey Tony M, do you have the email for Fedrico?
I have had issues with signing into etsy.
Id like to get this set myself. Super cool!
Is the file able to be modified more then just sizing? Add my own personal touches to it. Maybe at some point change some completely but have this as my ‘stencil’ essentially. Thanks for your time
Be safe!

I bought the files from the etsy seller. Am looking forward to making a set.

Oh shoot…do you have his email by chance?

If you log into etsy.com and look for the store MiniMegaProjects there is a contact button. It does not give you his email but you can send a message from the dialog box.

1 Like

I made them using aspire so I don’t have a c2d file but glad to see you bought the file from ETSY.

I do have his email as we have collaborated on a few things but as @gdon_2003 stated the easiest way to reach out will be via his contact on Etsy. He will be able to assist on your questions as well.

Ok no problem. I was having difficulty emailing him without an etsy account but i eventually found a way and contacted him. Thanks again.

1 Like