What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

Looks great thanks. You are able to find that aluminum and diffuser online? What are some good search words? I found the beetle clips, unfortunately not at Amazon but a couple of other sources.

Hi Cullen,I buy it from a local aluminium supplier and is called Ultra light illumax.The profile is on the second photo.Not sure of it’s manufacturer but suspect it might be sourced from India???There must be a good supply in the USA.

Maybe this will work?

1 Like

Looks perfect. Thanks.

not necessarily something I “cut” on the nomad, but something I cut for the nomad with a dremel to finish it off. lol.

an airblast & dial indicator bracket.

thread with a link to the part so you can make your own in the Nomad category.

4 Likes

14 Likes

I know exactly where I would fish for bluegills with that pole! +1 :smiley:

2 Likes

I can see it now… The all new Shakespeare Duckly Stik. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At first i thought that was a dock cleat.
Very neat project!

1 Like

13 Likes

The Official Movie of CNC Operators everywhere. :joy:

2 Likes

MC Etcher - first time use. Always amazed at how many things can be done on the Shapeoko (S5)

11 Likes

You are Quacky! :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: All your ducks in a row.

1 Like

Not made today but delivered today. Here are two little plaques I made for a competition at work. We had two categories (Sweets & Meats) for who brought in the best tasting weird food. Like someone brought in “green chili ice cream tacos” and another brought in a hand looking dish of meat and cheese.

11 Likes

Christmas puzzles; some are more difficult than others!

15 Likes

ran my first operation after getting my airblast system functional, engraved the initials & my logo on to these christmas presents I made for my secret santas. A fun simple little keychain fob thing out of brass. Used a .020 engraving bit from lakeshore carbide after watching the SMW video about engraving with them.

my improvised work stop, which worked surprisingly well, because I got tired of re-zeroing my XY position after like the second one. I have the kowalski cnc work stop on my christmas list lol.

some nice close up shots of them, and of course, had to set them on the table I made.

my sister, Maddi, my wife Danica (i made her one…because wife.) and Logan, the sister-in-law

the wife got a different font because the D in the font used for the other initials was terrible

love how my logo looks

there is some error from the flip, because I didnt have enough stock to just do one profile pass across the entire fob, so I had to re-zero on the second side off the keychain hole, but the error is like .1mm or less (at least on my amazon calipers) which is good enough for these silly gifts.

12 Likes

I clicked on your link for the work stop and my Norton does not like the site. FYI

lol. idk why. I dont really hold any faith in antivirus software all that much though.

I get to join this thread for the first time! My 1st and 2nd cuts today! WOO!

3 XXL, purchase secondhand but unused. I am super excited to be cutting!

18 Likes

Love the CGP Grey reference.