What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

Looks like it cuts really well, especially in your application. I think there would be lots of options for using it.

I had 5 pieces of cutoff 11 x 5.5 Jatabo decking board. Real heavy and hard.
So I made coasters for my volleyball team ( they let me flop around the court ).

Added a personalized cover with their shirt name and number. Yep, that’s me.

As any project starts with a whim and turns into a science project.
I got the logo by taking a picture of my shirt. I didn’t REALLY check centering of the scan/trace so some downstream issues showed up. Oops. It’s a freebie.

19 Likes

24 Likes

@MarkE

Great job! Quit the difference after color is applied.

2 Likes

Samples samples samples. We spent a lot of time going through a few textures and color combinations to come up with some options for the customer to choose from… he chose the GO on the left by the way.

Now to finish the actual proof of the sign and get that approved. And then…carving.

22 Likes

I like all of them! The pebbled look of the top right one is pretty cool.

Are you modeling the texture in an STL or doing this with a texture toolpath?

Both. The front left is a CC texture toolpath, the others I modeled with deformed circles.

They all look great. I feel like texture on signs really elevates the final product. Mind sharing the settings/bit you used in CCreate to get the results there?

1 Like

I am working on convincing a customer to let me do a big sign for them. I sent them some sample images with different textures. For fun I included the one below. It isn’t really a texture I guess but has the same effect. It’s for a park that has pickleball courts.

9 Likes

@CullenS Don’t let my other half hear anything about pickleball… :rofl:

I know nothing about it.
At first they asked me to make 100 paddles.
No way I could make something worth having at their budget. I may look into making some more high end ones though.

By high end I mean look nice. Can’t speak to the playability.

1 Like

I don’t play myself but the person with whom I cohabitate started and was the lead on the executive committee for a rec pickleball club here in our town. They have over 125 members and after 4 years she finally stepped away and let a new executive committee take over. Most of the members are over 55 but from the way they act you would think they were school kids :rofl: :rofl:

That’s the point. Chase a ball. Perfect

2 Likes

Here you go. Be aware feed speeds are set for HDU, and are a little faster than the max the pro 5 runs.

Texture Sample 5, Hammered metal, Raised Letter, .25in ball and .5in ball, 7inx4in, 02-07-26.c2d (312 KB)

5 Likes

Fantastic. I’m on a 4, so I’m sure I’ll dial them down quite a bit more.

Dial it WAY down if you are using wood as well.

2 Likes

My eyes shot out of my head looking at these FR values vs bit diameter.

2 Likes

Haha! HDU is much different than wood. Literally cuts like butter. It’s hard going back to wood once you use it :smile:

2 Likes

Fun part on the HDM last weekend - holds the saddle on an interesting 90’s aero bike (Zipp 2001) I’m fixing up. It’s an awkward part to hold for a second op, so I used a Lang-style zero point fixture as a rotary indexer to flip the part over without having to re-fixture.


broken part it replaces in the background above

How it fits onto the bike:

After the 1st op:

Before parting off:

32 Likes