I know this is CNC 101 stuff but I’ll share because it’s kinda unique. Sign to remind parents as they head to their cars after they drop off their kids. Three camps, a handful of needed versions.
Nice work. Everything on a CNC does not have to be complicated 3d stuff. Practical everyday stuff is the bread and butter of a cnc. I have made more shop utility stuff than lofty projects. Keep up the good work.
Here is a youtube video of some of my work up to about 2022
Thanks.
One of my favorite things here is people who mill some irreplaceable part out of aluminum. I love see the resourcefulness.
Thanks for sharing-
Is this for the GOLF texture? I’d really appreciate having that texture. Thanks.
I’m getting ready to tile as well for the first time and will be downloading that file!
Yes it is. As I mentioned, the feed rate needs to be reduced for wood. I have it set for HDU (which is approximately the max that the Pro 5 can run).
yep, I like I would do the picture first
What was you process for the coloring? Mask and paint? Carve, paint, sand?
Nice work. I like crib boards with storage for cards and pegs. I have a design for one that I do but I’m still not 100% happy with it. I may “steal” your thinner top board idea… hmmmm ![]()
Perfect is the enemy of good. Looks good. We dont live in a perfect world. It is good to try for perfection but I often fail at perfection. As woodworkers we are our own harshest critics.
I’ve pretty much decided NEVER to use cedar again on my CNC. I’m wondering how you made it look so great!
There are a lot of species of cedar. Some are ok and others are very soft and splintery. This is in our show and tell Friday at my turning club meeting. This is cedar.
Oh gosh that’s pretty!!
Odie’s Oil makes the cedar pretty.
I Vcarved the lines and logo and filled it with black epoxy.
Thinking of how that conversation plays out makes me giggle. How does one end up in the position to need a set of custom cribbage boards on rush order ![]()
Just a silly set of circumstances I imagine.
Nailed it though ![]()
Not quite. I’ve got time to make stuff in January and February. March -May gets busier each week. He’s been patient but I rushed them before I wouldn’t have time.
A couple of rules I use:
- Done is better than perfect.
- How does it look from 3 feet away?
It is wood afterall, it’ll never be “perfect,” and that’s a feature, not a flaw.
I have learned that wood will never be perfect, but the flaws in wood can be highlighted even more for a more rustic look to the design. Sometimes I even look into the perfect flaw. That will drive a person mad going for that. I have to relax, step back, and look at what the design is as a whole and see if the flaw and imperfections make it look better or make it look too busy. Then I call it done and move on. Sometimes simpler is better.






