What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

Really beautiful work! Congratulations on an excellent result!

1 Like

Many thanks guys.

The really “fun” thing is that I cut out two of everything. At some point in the future I get to play with the rigging again (whilst trying to remember what I did the first time!).

1 Like

Started making some signs.

15 Likes

I had some friends that were gifted a canvas with thier farm name on it. The back was a piece of cardboard with the hanger glued on. The glue gave up.

I made a couple of L brackets and used hollow wall hangers drilled into the brick mortar. I went over today and hung them and put the picture up

8 Likes
  1. This is a really cool idea. Might be biased towards the best state on the best coast.

2. Tri-Cities isn’t THAT FLAT!

I decided to go stain the Steal Your Face logo.
It turned out great.

6 Likes

It always bugs me that the United States flag is used as a background for this type of emblem. Seems unpatriotic in the least. Perhaps there’s good reason for it.

4 Likes

Technically, Any modification to the Flag is a violation of the Flag code.

I am sure none us of have ever put an Eagle on a Flag and tried to resell it…

Yes, my glass house … Early on, I followed the crowd. That’s the experience that I’m thinking about. Just doesn’t seem right that we know the “Flag code”, but have this desire to decorate the flag anyway. Just my opinion after a few miles down the road.

2 Likes

You never see anything using the State Flag as a backdrop. Wonder why that is?

Made a D&D dice tower for my daughter out of scraps. The tower is made from black walnut with dimensions of 75x75x175mm once the two sides are held together by magnets. Inside is a cavity large enough to store a set of dice. The sides have an epoxy inlay filled v-carved design. The box is felt lined and made from mahogany and maple.

38 Likes

wow! that is nice. Very nice

2 Likes

I think my standard sized SO3 is going to disown me after this project. It cut two 72" long by .250" aluminum roof rack side rails and 2 additional 22" long extensions.

The aluminum stock was just barely wide enough leaving no room for indexing pins. To get around that I grabbed a fresh 6’ cedar fence picket and made a saddle for the work piece. The saddle featured a recess for the aluminum to sit in with a front stop notch and 6 indexing holes per tile.

The indexing pins are 1/4" wood dowels glued into the waste board and surfaced flat when the recess was cut.

26 Likes

Holy cr@p,that is cool.

1. I’m not smart enough to figure that out.
  2. Wish i had all that beautiful ROOM in my shop

Nice, sir.

1 Like

Nice job. I like the use of the picket

2 Likes

Have thought a lot about this.
Flag material designed to be flown. Spirit, living emblem of our nation. Always flown, respected and never adorned.

Then we have artistic representation formed from wood and other media. I guess im cool with that as long as it doesn’t denigrate the ideal/nation.

I love and served this country; and I always fly my flag properly.

I guess the art, maker representations are all about the intent. And again, the “flag” referenced in the code, if taken literally is the cloth symbol.

Still conflicted.

3 Likes

Mark, thanks for your service. The Vietnam Vet that I made my “flags” for displays them like they are flags, so I’m conflicted, too. I’ve given away a couple of them (one to my local barber shop that had no flag displayed), but still there’s that nagging doubt.

I think I’ll just concentrate on other patriotic displays.

3 Likes

Not today, but I did this two sided sign for a neighborhood entrance. I was limited by the size of the cedar slabs they provided. I was worried it might look too small, but I’ve heard reports that all of their neighbors love it.
About 36" wide, two made back to back for a total of about 3.5" thick.

19 Likes

Did you carve that?
Will you share the svg?

My wife convinced me to make stuff for an artisan sale… this is one of the products I’ll be producing which is fairly basic and 90% done by CNC + 3D printing. Final finishes/assembly is all i have to do including cleaning up PETG stringing on the 3D print. The hardest part is pricing it :laughing:

EDIT: @Dennyboy asked to share the project so I’m adding the .dxf files because it wasn’t built in Carbide Create but it should be pretty easy to replicate which these files.

Sleigh and Reindeer.dxf (417.2 KB)
Stand Top Slots.dxf (3.9 KB)
Joyeux Noel Stand.dxf (359.6 KB)
Merry Christmas Stand.dxf (466.8 KB)

20 Likes