Probe release info?

(Craig Cole) #1

Anyone have any idea when the probe is going to be released for sale???

1 Like

Touch probe setup question
(John Terry) #2

Agreed, it would be nice to know. We have been teased way too long

1 Like

(Adam X) #3

Knowing this is NOT the answer to the question: I’ve stopped waiting and instead hook up a piece of tin foil to some alligator clips for Z-probing.

0 Likes

(Robert) #4

I sent an email to customer support last week and asked when the probe would be available. I was surprised when they responded by telling me it would be in the store by the end of the week.

That was last week!

So… we continue to be teased!

3 Likes

(Craig Cole) #5

Darn, and that is all I have to say!

0 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #6
11 Likes

(Evan Day) #7

Thanks @robgrz, order placed. I’m curious how long it will take to be out of stock. Assuming a large demand, do you guys think you have enough on hand?

0 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #8

You’re officially the first order. We have an internal debate on how long it’ll take to sell out- it could be today, or it could be a couple of weeks. Honestly we’re not sure.

We’ll see how the first few days go and then start reordering boards and material.

2 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #9

Also, thanks for the order!

1 Like

(Luke) #10

Wonderful news. I can only recommend the probe - in only a few weeks it has saved me hours of time setting up my machine. I’d go as far as saying it makes the machine!

4 Likes

(Rick Miller) #11

Can you share the installation instructions?

0 Likes

(Craig Cole) #12

Yahoo, Just ordered mine!!

0 Likes

(Rick Miller) #13

I don’t recall where I saw it but someone asked how you could use this for tapered bits. Best answer would be to install a square or round nose (non-tapered) bit and probe X and Y. That sets the X and Y values for your home. Then replace the bit with your tapered bit and just probe Z.

1 Like

(Luke) #14

They can be found here

3 Likes

(Chris F) #15

I just ordered mine. I’ve been checking in regularly for this to be available. Very excited to put this to use!

0 Likes

(Daniel Loughmiller) #16

"The Touch Probe is only supported in Carbide Motion 4 and GRBL 1.1 so you’ll nee to upgrade prior to ordering. "

Really? I mean, can’t I order it then upgrade before I install it?

1 Like

(Evan Day) #17

I think its just a simple wording issue.

Edited this comment for clarity: I was incorrect that Shapeoko does not currently ship with GRBL 1.1. Need double check that you are running 1.1 and also CM4 for the probe.

0 Likes

(William Adams) #18

I’m afraid you’re mistaken. Carbide Motion 3 only supports Grbl 0.9 and that’s what’s been shipping.

Not sure when we’ll transition over to new machines shipping w/ Grbl 1.1 and CM4 being officially supported — suspect there’ll be a blog post about it soon.

For the curious:

0 Likes

(Daniel Loughmiller) #19

I knew it was a wording issue I was just pointing it out in a slightly tongue in check manner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(Evan Day) #20

No worries @WillAdams, thanks for the correction. I knew I was on CM3, but figured I just hadn’t done the upgrade yet. I guess I will be doing that and GRBL 1.1 in the mean time while I wait on the probe to arrive. Gives me something other than projects to do this weekend.

0 Likes