What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

Finally got 5 of the Lion of Judah award plaques finished for my daughters Hope Scholars Academy thank you recognition

22 Likes

Nice work. The plaques look very good.

My chicken is cutting a 3-D Nasa meatball

10 Likes

Now I want a shredded chicken sandwich. Shapeoko style.

2 Likes

that sounds…messy lol

4 Likes

Your guitar is beautiful! I hope to build a few myself, am getting ready to tear one apart to get measurements. Where did you get those tuners? very clean look.

just the 60 degree vee cutter, I only had to file down one part in the center of the purple heart center cross

Very Nice, especially your work with the grain.

1 Like

I listen to KSAU which is the SFA College station. It is non commercial and they give a lot of government public service announcements. One I have heard several times is if you have backyard poultry not to snuggle and kiss them. You can get salmanila. So just dont let that chicken lay an egg and get egg all over your face and your project. :grin:

2 Likes

Today’s project.

13 Likes

The HDM with Saunder’s plates/mod vises is like cheating. :smiley: A lab scientist broke a blade clamp for a instrument that slices tissue samples REALLY thinly. We reverse engineered the broken one as well as possible, given is was in 2 pieces. Then resin printed a couple of iterations to get everything perfect. Finally did a double sided piece in aluminum on the HDM. Got it to him a month faster than the manufacturer and $250 cheaper.

26 Likes

Pretty good example of stepover.
2 passes: one at 50% with finish pass @ 10%.

Plus in process shot of serving tray.

Prob gonna use white stain for letterin instead of paint.

Will post final.

13 Likes

That’s really impressive

2 Likes

Kind of made left and right edges a little thin for handles, but will take a look again after finish dries. Ordered a cool TX star drawer pull that should look good once I get the 2nd one. Yes, my dumb self only ordered one!

First try with bowl bit. Serving tray appx. 13 x 19"

11 Likes

Oh for sure, the finishing would be a thing. You did a wonderful job!

1 Like

A very nice looking project. But…

2 Likes

When in Texas… LOL. Made this for a buddy.

7 Likes

EAGLE NEW.c2d (68 KB)

2 Likes

Here is one I did not too long ago.

Eagles 2.c2d (224 KB)

3 Likes

I made an attempt to continue to learn after messing these coasters up: What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today? - #2133 by CullenS

Something went wrong with the Z on that and I never really figured it out but I forged ahead to finish the process and gain some experience.

I vcarved names into the green epoxy and then layed in a layer of black and then flattened again. Due to the issues with the Z earlier the tool numbers look blurry and in spots some wood is showing through because I didn’t clean it all up given that it should have been buried in the epoxy.

Anyway, a few coats of laquer and they turned out ok. I will remake and watch that Z more closely.
Certainly not what I aspired to for my first epoxy job but I will keep going.

6 Likes