What did you cut on your Shapeoko/ Nomad today?

Made this cordless tool wall storage for my dads christmas gift. I know it could have easily been done without the shapeoko, but I have it and enjoy using it so why not??
Made from 3/4" baltic birch and held together with glue and pocket screws.

17 Likes

One WEIRD trick that serious machinists HATE :slight_smile: Anyone else use nylon bolts?

4 Likes

I use them on my fence hold down bolts. They do not hold as well as steel bolts but just in case I cut into them no damage to bit just to fence.

Yes, one of my favorite options — even bought a small plastic organizer filled w/ M6 ones — they’re also available as license plate hardware from automotive supply stores.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I’ve been trying out some relief carvings for some gifts.

24 Likes

Nice carving. Are these wall hall hangers?

Top is a jewelry box. The dragon will be the cover to a DnD dice box.

1 Like

Be careful, you might have a queue of new friends if they see gifts like the dragon being given out :wink:

1 Like

Gift for a colleague… can you guess what they do? :slight_smile:

13 Likes

That is “Cutting Edge”.

9 Likes

HEY REY: The plaque is nice.
And you could use the excess piece cut to maybe be a family photo frame.
Nice work!

1 Like

Richlite cuts from today

23 Likes

Wow! I like those hinges!

The detail inside the frog looks really clean, what bit did you use ?

It’s 1/4" 2-flute 15° vbit. Combine this with depth-limited vcarving (advanced v-carving in CC) and you end up with a vcarve with almost vertical walls, that looks like it’s a regular pocketing cut but with more details/sharp corners than a regular endmill allows.

Same bit as for the elephant, I posted details here

5 Likes

Another Christmas Tree ornament. This one was a two sided project on .025" gold anodized aluminum. Engraving done with the 120 degree MC Etcher and cut out with a 1/8" straight two flute endmill.

17 Likes

Looks amazing. I’m definitely going to try some of my own designs on a material like this. Very classy looking.

Definitely the “biggest” thing I’ve ever cut by some dimension. (Cat scratch-toy for a cat named Enoch)

19 Likes

Richlite and epoxy, making stuff for nephew and niece (he likes Among Us, she likes “all cute baby animals”, so I figured baby panda it is!)

Still need to add the transparent epoxy coat finish

24 Likes