Changing from a vertical project to a horizontal

I am currently working on a project to make a hard plastic piece to form fit inside of a round container, I have the curvature perfect, however, I am having to stand the project up vertical and would prefer to lay it flat… is there a way to accomplish this?

curve.c2d (52 KB)

See:

It would be straight-forward to:

• close the geometry in question
  • export as an SVG
  • extrude it
  • export as an STL
  • import the STL into Carbide Create Pro at the correct size

Hang on, will walk through that presently.

Or, one can use the profile to just assign a multiplicity of No-offset Contour toolpaths to appropriate depths:

First, open the file and select the geometry in question:

Use Join Vectors to close it:

Yes

Ensure that it is at 0,0:

Export to an SVG:

OK

curve

Check the dimensions:

and adjust the import/extrusion code:

and export as an STL:

curve.stl (10.2 KB)

then import that into Carbide Create Pro:

and then assign toolpaths as appropriate.

Or see:

Still cannot figure it out… too many hours wasted… I am too new to this, I am stuck trying to open this in “OpenSCAD”… it won’t import it… frustrated

I did that, and made a .stl — you can just go straight to downloading that and importing it into Carbide Create Pro as was shown in the links above — or do you not have a Carbide Create Pro license?

You will want to finish modeling the circle:

curve_v7.c2d (196 KB)

Or, if you don’t have Carbide Create Pro, then just create a series of lines which are then cut to the appropriate depth.

Draw up the tool which you wish to use in profile:

and position it relative to the profile of the stock and draw a rectangle to measure it:

Duplicate the line:

and align it against the vertical center of the circle:

and assign it a No Offset Contour to that depth:

Repeat as necessary until one arrives at…

I purchased the Pro version…

Okay then, please let us know how the .c2d file above works.

Thanks… I finally got it! Thanks…whew! I am still in the learning process and this seemed to be a simple task… Thanks again for your help