A friend got the wife and I a much needed weekend at a hotel, so I didn’t get to making progress on getting my Pro fully ready for service until this afternoon. I got the M6 threaded inserts in the Hybrid Bed, making it a double Hybrid Bed. I like options and using M6 inserts means they match the thread pitch of the workholding kit that came with the machine. They go in from the bottom and sit below where the bolt heads and extrusions sit, so they don’t get hit during surfacing.
I also got a surface on the wasteboard. Took 0.020" to get it all level. I have some ideas to level the areas where the endmill can’t reach in the slats that I’ll test tomorrow. I’ll go in depth on the bed leveling strategy I’ll use for the Pro soon.
It was actually fairly well trammed as assembled. The Y was off about 0.010" over the 7" of my tramming tool with the X being around 0.005" off. That’s pretty good and only really made for almost imperceptible lines with my 1" surfacing bit. I’ll do a write up on my process soon as well.
So not only does the Pro save you time in assembly, I found it to save time on tramming.