Was the probe released already?

Was the next wave of probes released already?. Just hearing of people saying they are waiting for theirs. Is Carbide3D notifing people in the list?. This has to be the most frustrating thing ever!.

Please accept our apologies.

Yes. The second batch was released and folks were supposed to be notified. I’ve asked that we figure out who didn’t receive notice and determine why.

Third batch should drop in June and hopefully will stay in stock thereafter.

@WillAdams I can’t express how disappointed I am. I am at a loss for words. I feel so let down. I have lost all my faith in Carbide3D. It pains me so much to feel this way. As much as I love my Nomad, I can’t help but feel betrayed. I give up.

I didn’t get notified but it’s not the end of the world. I bought a third party one and it’ll be okay. Made it my house in two days.

I agree is not the end of the world. Not even that important in my workflow at the moment. I also have a third party one. It works great if not using Carbide Motion. I have a Nomad and it has a built in tool length probe that I find incredibly convenient and only Carbide Motion makes use of it properly.
I know how I sound. I’m disillusioned. This too shall pass. I will continue exploring to find a way to do the things that I want. With or without Carbide3D. I was hoping it was with, but it looks like not.

1 Like

Yea they`ve been telling me they would notify me since January, haven’t heard from them yet. Support is not that great. I have issues with CM v4 also but cant get answers, I called them the other day and they said another six weeks or so. Frustrating is not quite how I describe it. Its like oh well it is what it is. They were a little more helpful before I purchased the XLL.

1 Like

We are investigating what went wrong with the notifications — it was about the last thing which we wanted to happen there.

For CM4, not sure when the next version will be out, nor what fixes / changes there will be — you could post a thread here with your difficulty and maybe someone will have a suggestion / workaround, or check in at support@carbide3d.com again.

I’m pretty bummed myself, I’ve signed up for the notifications multiple times just too be sure. I also have been checking the site pretty regularly. It has only ever shown up as “Sold Out” for me. Oh well, I shall try again in June.

2 Likes

While I was lucky enough to get a first round probe, at this point I’d like to see C3D add support for at least one of the more popular 3rd party probe kits out there into carbide motion.

4 Likes

This… I bought one because I didn’t get a notification. But just tonight finding out I can’t use it with carbide and have to jump through what it feels to me a bunch of hoops to get it to work :confused:

Love the machine but wish using one of these was easier

Wow, not happy! I was contacted by a member of the Carbide 3D team (Rob) promising I was definitely on the second batch list, but never contacted.

Having spent so much money on the XXL and getting it over here in the UK, having been promised I just expected the contract.

1 Like

I’m sure that by now what happened to the wait list is known. Could we get an explanation?. Some acknowledgement from Carbide3D?.

1 Like

Here’s all of the background information I can provide:

We use Shopify for our online store, which is really bare-bones. If you need any “extra” functionality, you need to pay for a plugin to add that function (or write your own). We pay for a “notify me” plugin from a third-party to manage the waiting list. Once the items are back in inventory, the email are supposed to be sent out to everyone on the list.

It seems to have worked, the probes began selling almost immediately and were sold out in a few days.

Because the emails are managed by the “notify me” plugin, we have no way to know if all emails were sent, if they were sent and dumped into your junk mail folder, or were filtered out by your email provider before making it to your inbox at all. (The later happens more than one would think).

We can only look at the sales rate to judge that, at worst, the plugin “mostly worked” and it was probably better than that.

We’re focused on getting caught up with the backlog and making sure we build some inventory so we’ll continue using the same plugin in the future rather than shifting effort to write our own plugin to manage the list.

Finally, we’ve made a major investment in the past few weeks to increase the production rate. Once we get it up and running, I’ll post a video- it should be pretty great.

-Rob

6 Likes

The robot was delivered about 8 hours ago and the probes are back in production. Video as promised:

12 Likes

Hey Rob, will the new “worker” allow you guys to run lights out? Pretty cool stuff!

Dan

1 Like

Little nudge is awesome. Pretty neat

Oh my. Very cool. Since I am not sure one would make such a large investment (unless you rent it?) for manufacturing a few hundred probes, this tells me there will be other Carbide devices down the line, and/or that the company is selling enough machines to justify such an investment, both being excellent news :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DanoInTx - We’re hoping to run light’s out once we’re sure that we’ve got a reliable process and once we add a chip conveyor, which are not standard on a Brother machine.

@Stari - The little nudge is programmed to be 10 lb force move, which is pretty amazing to watch happen in real life for some reason.

@Julien - We did buy the robot and that’s in a brand new Brother S1000X1, not our older 700X1. The probes won’t pay for either but our hope is that many of our parts can be run through the same system. In the end, we do all of our machining in California so we’ve got to be as efficient as possible if we want to be competitive. People are hard to find and expensive here.

5 Likes

ugh. I was waiting too! I was wondering what the heck happened.

WillAdams

I have been waiting for the Probe from the last batch, must be more than 7 months now. I did signup for emails notification, I also did emails contact to remind you as I am waiting to purchase the PROBE ----I did not recieve any emails notification ??? pls make sure I have a probe reserve for me