Carbide Create Pro - First Look

(Edward Ford) #1

Hey all - First looks at Carbide Create Pro!

This was originally a 2D design but using the new Pro tools, I added a 3D contour to the soldier, stars and the stripes.

We’ll post more info on this as we keep going, but I wanted to give everyone a glimpse into what we’ve been working on lately!

19 Likes

Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?
Starting with 2.5 d carving
First Carbide Create Pro cut
Importing Adobe illustrator SVG
(John Waldo) #2

Wow, this is exciting! Do you have any rough details yet as to release times, cost, features, etc?

0 Likes

(John Waldo) #3

Sorry…hadn’t seen the other post where you answer some of my questions. Thanks!

1 Like

(William Adams) #4

For folks who missed it, that other post/thread is:

1 Like

(Edward Ford) #5

One more example (very similar to the last, but with the opposite contour) - in this design all of the features are dished ‘in’ to the material. Very cool effect with very little effort required to create.

Then, here is one more: An address sign with a texture on the bottom of a pocket and rounded over letters.

11 Likes

(jeff) #6

Looking good! Got me hyped!!

1 Like

(Charles Van Noland) #7

Looks good! I think that’s one of the most valuable features that people use in the expensive CAM programs. Are you generating that purely in depth/image space or geometrically off the shape vectors’ medial-axis?

1 Like

(Edward Ford) #8

That was generated strictly from the 2D vectors except the pebble pocket bottom - which was generated from an image imported as a texture.

2 Likes

(Ben Myers) #9

how would this affect cutrocket? what happens if someone uploads a pro model and you only have basic?

2 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #10

No idea yet. We’ve talked about a number of options but I suspect CC Standard will just give you a “Pro Required” popup.

2 Likes

(Michael) #11

How about adding a fur texture to the deer?

0 Likes

(Martin) #12

went is the pro version will be available

0 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #13

We’re hoping to get something posted to the Unstable page within the week. We’ll announce it here when it’s available.

2 Likes

(Edward Ford) #14

Posted a video showing how to create a USMC flag with the new CC Pro Tools.

2 Likes

(Richard Cournoyer) #15

Are there any plans on using a “rest” machining feature…because I machined one sign with an 1/16" end mill…and said never again…took almost 12 hours. Rest machining (F360) using 1/4" then 1/16" the time was reduced to 4 hours. Time IS money…except at the ATM.

1 Like

How do I create this
(Edward Ford) #16

… rest machining

Short answer - Yes. @robgrz will have specifics though

Here is another version of the USMC flag project, except this time we used the ‘add’ feature for all of the detail - same sort of look, but a different effect.

4 Likes

(Allen R Curry) #17

I’m very excited about Pro. I cannot justify the cost of 3D versions of Vectric. Not to muddy the water, but I am desperate to move from Windows into Linux. Any chance of a Linux version?

Thanks,

Allen

0 Likes

(Jeff Peters) #18

where do I find the Unstable page that is referred to here
Jeff

0 Likes

(William Adams) #19

Here: https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/

0 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #20

If we get to a point where it’s not going to change much for a while then we might look at a Linux build. At the rate that we’ve been changing it, we can’t really support a third platform.

2 Likes