Carbide Create Pro - First Look

Hey all - First looks at Carbide Create Pro!

This was originally a 2D design but using the new Pro tools, I added a 3D contour to the soldier, stars and the stripes.

We’ll post more info on this as we keep going, but I wanted to give everyone a glimpse into what we’ve been working on lately!

20 Likes

Wow, this is exciting! Do you have any rough details yet as to release times, cost, features, etc?

Sorry…hadn’t seen the other post where you answer some of my questions. Thanks!

1 Like

For folks who missed it, that other post/thread is:

1 Like

One more example (very similar to the last, but with the opposite contour) - in this design all of the features are dished ‘in’ to the material. Very cool effect with very little effort required to create.

Then, here is one more: An address sign with a texture on the bottom of a pocket and rounded over letters.

12 Likes

Looking good! Got me hyped!!

1 Like

Looks good! I think that’s one of the most valuable features that people use in the expensive CAM programs. Are you generating that purely in depth/image space or geometrically off the shape vectors’ medial-axis?

1 Like

That was generated strictly from the 2D vectors except the pebble pocket bottom - which was generated from an image imported as a texture.

2 Likes

how would this affect cutrocket? what happens if someone uploads a pro model and you only have basic?

2 Likes

No idea yet. We’ve talked about a number of options but I suspect CC Standard will just give you a “Pro Required” popup.

2 Likes

How about adding a fur texture to the deer?

went is the pro version will be available

We’re hoping to get something posted to the Unstable page within the week. We’ll announce it here when it’s available.

2 Likes

Posted a video showing how to create a USMC flag with the new CC Pro Tools.

2 Likes

Are there any plans on using a “rest” machining feature…because I machined one sign with an 1/16" end mill…and said never again…took almost 12 hours. Rest machining (F360) using 1/4" then 1/16" the time was reduced to 4 hours. Time IS money…except at the ATM.

1 Like

… rest machining

Short answer - Yes. @robgrz will have specifics though

Here is another version of the USMC flag project, except this time we used the ‘add’ feature for all of the detail - same sort of look, but a different effect.

4 Likes

I’m very excited about Pro. I cannot justify the cost of 3D versions of Vectric. Not to muddy the water, but I am desperate to move from Windows into Linux. Any chance of a Linux version?

Thanks,

Allen

where do I find the Unstable page that is referred to here
Jeff

Here: https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/

If we get to a point where it’s not going to change much for a while then we might look at a Linux build. At the rate that we’ve been changing it, we can’t really support a third platform.

2 Likes