CC Pro Trial - STL file

Hi everybody,
I was hoping to try some 3D carving for the first time for some upcoming Christmas gifts. After being told I can use STL files in CCPro (via Carbide Create instagram DM) I purchased an eagle face STL file on Etsy and registered for the CCPro 14 day trial so I can finally try to get some experience with some 3D cutting.

I activated my PRO trial and now my 14 day window is counting down. I’ve imported the STL file into Carbide Create…now what? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I’m very familiar with creating and cutting 2D stuff in Carbide Create, but I have no idea what to do next with this STL file now that its imported. I thought I’d be able to click around and figure it out but I’m lost. Thanks for any help.

-seth

1 Like

I wrote a bit on it at:

and you may find the links at the bottom of that page helpful.

If you get stuck, post the file here, or send it in to support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to assist.

maybe i don’t know how to use the internet but none of the links you have in that write-up work. i click it and it’s as if the entire section of links is one super long url. i tried copying text from the “https” to just before the next “https” text and pasting that will doesn’t work.

Do any of the links talk about what to do after you import the STL file?

The links both worked for me, one opened a web page on 3D modeling, the other launched an e-mail client so as to send an e-mail to support@carbide3d.com — you could just copy-past that, or type that into your “To:” field in an e-mail.

After you import an STL you have to draw geometry around it to define where you want your 3D toolpaths to be:

and then assign 3D toolpaths to it:

thanks for the additional guidance. on this page you linked: 3D Modeling - Design into 3D

the links down at the bottom are the links I couldn’t access. I hover it and it’s as if all those URL’s run together as one and when I click it, it says “oops, that page doesn’t exist or is private.” I have to manually edit each of those to URLs to work properly. Any chance you can go in and edit that entry so there’s a paragraph break between each individual URL?

Thanks for letting me know about that — I’ll get it sorted out.

EDIT: should be fixed now — might have to re-load the page.

i refreshed the page and see the links have been edited so they’re each on their own line (thanks!), BUT, haha…I think the actual URL that each link jumps to is still the super-long-run-together URL. See my screenshot. I hover over the first URL (circled in red), and you can see down at the bottom (also circled in red) the actual URL that it’s going to take me to, and of course I get the “oops that page does not exist or is private” message. Sorry to be a bother but wanted to point that out :slight_smile:

-seth

They should be working now:

For additional tutorials see:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.